IGNORED

Wolfenstein

sabeen557

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I think it would be quite hard to make anything looking like Wolfenstein on the 2600. The best looking corridor walker on the 2600 is probably the homebrew Skeleton +(aside from the supercharger). If homebrews were being made for the 7800 then a Wolfenstein type game would be much more feasible.

Robert M. and neotokeo2001 are working on a hack of the 2600 game Venture to use the Wolfenstein theme. Check out this thread from the Contests forum.

Last I heard, the game will be released soon, but I know Robert had some more to do on it because he's changed some of Venture's game functionality to make this hack unique( for example, taking out the "hall monster" map screen in order to interconnect the treasure rooms to each other directly! ) 8)

I think it would be quite hard to make anything looking like Wolfenstein on the 2600.  The best looking corridor walker on the 2600 is probably the homebrew Skeleton +(aside from the supercharger).

Corridor? I don't think he's talking about Wolfenstein 3D.. The original Wolfenstein is top down remember? ;)

wolfenstein-2.gif

I for one think it's probably 100% possible to port the original Castle Wolfy (one of my all time nostalgic favorites) to the 2600.. I guess you could use the 2nd joystick to do some functions. Why not? :)

I for one think it's probably 100% possible to port the original Castle Wolfy (one of my all time nostalgic favorites) to the 2600.. I guess you could use the 2nd joystick to do some functions. Why not? :)

instead of the second joystick could you use the video touch pad?

And also i did mean the original castle wolfenstin

i never said 2600 i just wondered if there was a version for any atari, i will try to be clearer next time

Oops, you were perfectly clear, but when I hear Atari my mind thinks 2600. :P I've never seen the original Castle Wolfenstein either. I always thought it was in 3D. Oh well, learned something new. ;)