IGNORED

Todays finds and other stuff

kyle_version_two

Ok well i'm not new my screen name was kyle but i got a new pc and forgot my old password and the email atariage has on file for me to send me a new passowrd isn't active anymore so anyway. I see a post on the message board of the college my wife attends ECU. Anyway the person is selling alot of things including atari games. So i email the person and we sat up a time and place to meet today. Well i went and the girl showed up with a box of about 80 atari 2600 games. Anyway there were about 7 games i didn't i have so heres what i got for $8.00

Smurf rescue

Alpha Beam with Ernie

Blue Print

Mouse Trap

Oink

Crackpots

And Canyon Bomber but instead of a copyright date of 1978 on the label it says 1988? Can anyone tell me anything about this anyone seen that befor?

Ok well i'm not new my screen name was kyle but i got a new pc and forgot my old password and the email atariage has on file for me to send me a new passowrd isn't active anymore so anyway

Whoa, stop and take a breath, friend!

Smurf rescue  

Alpha Beam with Ernie  

Blue Print  

Mouse Trap  

Oink  

Crackpots  

And Canyon Bomber but instead of a copyright date of 1978 on the label it says 1988? Can anyone tell me anything about this anyone seen that befor?

Wow, that's a good haul, especially for eight bucks! Some reasonably uncommon games there. As Whisper mentioned, the Canyon Bomber is a re-release. Versions can be found with '87 and '88 copyrights on the label, and there might be '86s as well (not sure).

HEAVY***6***er

Well my hunt today began after work when I decided to stop by the local goodwill.

I walk over to the electronics section and I see....a radio from 1943....some old dart board game from the 50s....a toaster oven...several of the old-style 25 inch tvs (floor model)...and there it...wasn't. :( No Atari...no video games of any kind. The closest thing I found was a box of old computer wires. I peered inside and there wasn't anything interesting there either...except for the half-eaten soda cracker at the bottom.

I decided to walk around a little more to make sure there isn't anything that just "happens" to be in the wrong place. An employee asks me if they can help me and I told her what I was looking for. As I expected, there answer was "No. We don't have anything. We don't normally get a lot in and when we do it goes pretty fast. But you can go to our store website (goodwillstore.com). There's one there now that has 60 games."

So I leave there and stop by Big Lots. Nothing much there either, but I did get a nice handle for the hose out back for $1.89. :)

One last stop...Game Stop. That too turned up nothing (the oldest they carry is N64/PS1). There was a customer there who said he had a small box of games at home, but I didn't pursue it as he mentioned..."You know...Pacman, Combat...all the good ones".

So as you can see...it turned up zilch. Oh and the website for the store? It just has a link to their Ebay store....which didn't have any Atari items in it when I looked. :)

Cap