IGNORED

niky wanders

kuifje76

Well, it would really help us if you could tell us what the words are. Because I think you have the super-ultra-rare "blurry label" variation! It could be worth hundreds of dollars!

Anyhow, the second word seems to be "wanders", but a quick 2600 title search didn't show anything. It looks like a "Cooper Black", so named because that's the font they used for the game title.

Hmm, according to Google, the term "Cooper Black" is entirely my fault. :-)

The picture is the same as "Bobby is going home" by BitCorp. Since the game is called "Niky Wanders", that would fit too. The cartridge looks like it might be one of those shorter "S.S." cases. So this game is probably one of the generic "Cooper Black" pirates of "Bobby is going home".

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Well, there's no ss on it, it's a little thicker around than atari cartridges.....

Like my River raid 2 (wich is inserted in the vcs, with the label at the front, not as usually at the back), BUT IT DOESN'T WORK, I dunno why, I cleaned it, and I try again later.

From what I can see.... It has from 2/3 to the top, on the edges 6 horizontal bars in the plastic, at all 4 corners, onlt at the front they are smaller because of the place where the label is.

I can see through the label, 2 screwholes, but they are still covered, and between them from half way to the top 2 rows of 5 holes, still covered too.

If I insert the cartridge, it's really difficult, because it's a little bigger, and when I turn on the vcs, I get bars and strange beeps.

When I try another vcs, it's the same, woody, vader or junior, all the same.

Then the strange thing:

When I turn the vcs off, and pull the cartridge out, turn it on again without a cartridge, I still get the weird bars..... only after 4 or 5 times it's all black again....

just some (blurry) pics

I'd put money on it being Bobby is Going Home (Bobby Geht Heim in its more common German form) by BitCorp.

However, it sounds like the cart is just dirty, and the +5V line isn't reaching the ROM so it's behaving as though the ROM isn't there (which it effectively isn't, if it's getting no power).

Keep cleaning it or get someone on here to take a look.. I find myself that my NES cartridge cleaning kit works a treat on my Atari carts too, FWIW.

Congrats on finding a scarce cart, though - it's not one I've seen before and even the DP guide doesn't have it listed... if you want someone to take it off your hands... ;)

Congrats on finding a scarce cart, though - it's not one I've seen before and even the DP guide doesn't have it listed... if you want someone to take it off your hands... ;)

Then he still has me. I could pick it up in person and save him the walk to the post office. :D

From what I can make up from the label it does look a bit like Bobby is going home indeed. I don't have the cart myself though.

As for not getting an image, I have a few steps of cleaning my carts. First I do the q-tip with alcohol thing. Works like a charm on 95% of the carts. For those other ones, I use a sharp screwdriver or a pair of scisors to gently scrape over the contacts. My third option would be fine sandpaper, but I've never had to resort to that yet.

I now have 2 carts that are working, but they act strange. I have a Robot Tank with flickering colors on my Jr. (plays fine on my 6-switch) and a Moonsweeper which I thought only played in black and white, but now I found out that I switch it on and off about 10 times thares about 1 time I get the colors. I've cleaned and scraped the contacts to no avail. Perhaps it's a bad contact inside.

... Moonsweeper which I thought only played in black and white' date=' but now I found out that I switch it on and off about 10 times thares about 1 time I get the colors. I've cleaned and scraped the contacts to no avail. Perhaps it's a bad contact inside.[/quote']

That's not a bad cart contact. That's either a dodgy colour/B&W switch, or more likely a dodgily-coded game. I know my TV sometimes sets itself to Black and White on games with really dodgy scanrates, as it thinks the game is NTSC or something and gets confused - I usually find I can get colour by changing channel away and then back again... try that!

Cool' date=' is my "Sparker Gardon" (Flash Gordon) cart a 10 too then? It's PAL.[/quote']

Nope, sorry... it's mentioned in the DP guide, at a stupidly low Rarity 3 which puts it at being more common than Flash Gordon! :)

I've not seen Sparker Gardon, though, so I'd imagine it's rarity about 7 or 8 at the moment, but that can easily change.

That's the problem with making a PAL rarity guide, it takes ages as there's so many carts out there no-one knows the first thing about. Which is also what makes it interesting, of course!

Got this cam for free, it's really nice for selling cars, they look allright from a pic, and I always tell the people how bad they are but people always show. And I always have to say: I told you it is bad....

I only had once that someone didn't take the car.