IGNORED

Math Gran Prix box, rare?

psiamidis

I've been trying to get the boxes for all the original colored box Atari made 2600 games and looks like I have them all except for Math Gran Prix. For whatever reason, I can't seem to find its box anywhere, even on ebay. I think the game itself is uncommon, but is its box rare?!?

Personally I'd love to see some kind of box rarity -- or at least a guide that incorporated values for both loose and CIB. Boxes and boxed games are often an order of magnitude harder to find than loose. If the ratio of my boxed-to-loose ratio is anything to go by (and I think that's pretty average -- 54 unique boxed, 271 unique loose) then that'd make CIB games about 5 times harder to get than loose.

Had one... sold it to Cassidy if I remember correctly? Thing was, with that one, I was looking for "Grand Prix" - which is what the fella listed it as - without a pic, so it was, in part, my fault. Anyway, the IDIOT shipped it to me IN THE ATARI BOX! Amazingly tho', it didn't sustain too much damage in the shipping process.

Anyway, good luck with your quest.

Argghh! Ok, I guess I have to keep checking ebay. Looks like I'm missing another box anyways, I just saw a variant on the Pac Man box which I don't have:

02_1.JPG

A box rarity guide would be great, but I could see that being tough to start since most people don't collect the boxes anyways.

Well, after seeing the ugly screenshots in the catalogs for years, this thread has finally piqued my curiosity enough to play Math Gran Prix on Stella.

Thanks for nothing. :P

Besides having some of the worst graphics ever, the worst play mechanics, and absolutely no variety in game play (mulitple tracks... hello?), the game is frustrating to play against the computer because it keeps knocking you off the track with little chance to catch back up.

If I was a kid using this to try and learn math... I'd go back to writing on the back of an old shovel with a piece of coal.

the IDIOT shipped it to me IN THE ATARI BOX! Amazingly tho', it didn't sustain too much damage in the shipping process.

HA! That was a classic! I spent like an hour getting all that crap off that box. The box was minty, but was covered in shipping tape. I used Novus pinball playfield scratch remover and a hair dryer on that bad boy. I had a spare manual and cart, so it was all complete again.

I had forgotten about that one :)

Cassidy

Well' date=' after seeing the ugly screenshots in the catalogs for years, this thread has finally piqued my curiosity enough to play Math Gran Prix on Stella.

Thanks for nothing. :P

Besides having some of the worst graphics ever, the worst play mechanics, and absolutely no variety in game play (mulitple tracks... hello?), the game is frustrating to play against the computer because it keeps knocking you off the track with little chance to catch back up.

If I was a kid using this to try and learn math... I'd go back to writing on the back of an old shovel with a piece of coal.[/quote']

You mean it's a game? You can actually play it? Wow, I never knew... :P Amazing that people still bash E.T. :roll: I have seven boxed, unopened copies of MGP. Remarkably, it might actually be worth something in that condition.

HEAVY***6***er