IGNORED

Who has ever beaten Spike's Peak?

adams_ale

This game is really making me mad. I want to like it, but it's just too hard. I remember my brother beating it a couple times when I was a kid, but as I recall it took him hundreds of tries to win. I have no problem getting past the first screen, but I can't get past the second climbing stage. I am doubtful that there are many people who have had the patience to beat this game. Nonetheless I keep playing it in the hopes that I will one day climb to the top. :) Is there a trick to beating this game or any hints? I may start a thread in the contest forum to see not only if someone can beat it, but what their high score is compared to others. Games should not be this difficult IMHO. :|

I remember beating it all the time as a kid.

Can only remember that at the final screen your little man walks to the top of the peak and plants a flag.

Very cool.

Needless to say. I did play it a few months ago and dont think I got past the second screen!!

Well practice up on the Spike's Peak, because I'm going to make a contest in the appropriate forum sometime this weekend. You will have to take a picture of your climber on top of the mountain with your high score. The first two winners will get an atari prize. :) I'm hopeful that someone can beat this game and give me the inspiration to keep at it. I get so close to winning, but can't quite get there.

I made it to the top *once* but I don't think that was the end. The figure started running around the peak after planting the flag and then dropped dead and when I started with another live, the flashing dot was up near the peak.

I haven't gotten close since then.

I can't get past the second screen either. Then again, it took me a long time to get off the first screen.

Both it and Ghost Manor are pretty tough and frustrating if you ask me.

But I do think, somewhere, deep inside, those are good games. :)

I can't get past the second screen either. Then again' date=' it took me a long time to get off the first screen.

Both it and Ghost Manor are pretty tough and frustrating if you ask me.

But I do think, somewhere, deep inside, those are good games. :)[/quote']

I never beat Ghost Manor either, though this does not deter me from playing and enjoying the game. I get to the black figure who chases me and the brother/sister is seen in the top left corner in a cage. How do I free the sibling and kill this foe?

Back in the day I pretty regularly beat both, though it always took numerous tries each time. I actually loved both games -- a good variety of gameplay to both, and a respectable amount of depth and atmosphere (for a 2600 game) on Ghost Manor. Both quite decent games, and I'd have to say two of Xonox's more playable titles. (Lord knows most of their others were dogs; Robin Hood was just plain bad, Superkicks was dull and had horrible collision detection, Artillery Duel was slow but okay, and Sir Lancelot was semi-passable as a Joust ripoff. Still haven't gotten a Tomarc/Motocross cart yet so I can't comment on those two)

HOW DO I BEAT THIS FOE?

I cant figure it out either. Apparently, you are supposed to find a cross in one of the coffins downatairs or something. I found the cross(es) once and went upstairs and still got killed anyway. So Ghost Manor is a hard to beat game, too. But Spikes Peak is the ultimate in hard games for the 2600

Seems to me Ghost Manor is pretty easy to beat once you know how.

I remember you have to search all the coffins and find crosses.

The trick is to get Dracula to chase you under the cage at the top of the screen, Then activate the crosses, which will repel Dracula and he will run right into the cage and be trapped! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!

Take that Dracula.

Ghost Manor is very easy, you just need to get below the vampire and use the cross (fire button) to shoo him into the cell and release your brother or sister. The switch should be automatically but if the vampire goes off screen, you're probably not far enough to the left.

It'd be easier to start this game on easy level (both switch to b or beginner) and you should start the game as the sister in the graveyard with a rainbow ghost.

The crosses are in a random coffin each time you start over the game. There's only one cross in each of the two screens with the moving walls, + the cross you get at the start, so that you will have a maximum of 3 crosses when you face Dracula.

This game is pretty easy to beat. Just hold down the button while you are directly underneath Dracula, but make sure he is underneath one of the prison towers. Once he is captured, you have to lead your significant other to the exit.

Spike's Peak: This game isn't all that hard to beat, if I remember correctly. Getting a picture of my winning score, on the other hand, will be more difficult. I'll have to get my hands on a camera. :ponder:

The crosses are in a random coffin each time you start over the game. There's only one cross in each of the two screens with the moving walls, + the cross you get at the start, so that you will have a maximum of 3 crosses when you face Dracula.

This game is pretty easy to beat. Just hold down the button while you are directly underneath Dracula, but make sure he is underneath one of the prison towers. Once he is captured, you have to lead your significant other to the exit.

Spike's Peak: This game isn't all that hard to beat, if I remember correctly. Getting a picture of my winning score, on the other hand, will be more difficult. I'll have to get my hands on a camera.  :ponder:

Thanks Gateway. :) :thumbsup: My prize isn't that big for winning so I hope you don't have to go to much trouble to find a camera. I myself don't have a digital camera, but I borrow one when I need it for ebay purposes. Need to get one sometime. I know you are absolutely trustworthy, but the picture also serves the purpose of encouraging me to keep on trying. ;)