IGNORED

Hummer commercial

povlok1

Yes there has been a commercial with various PacMan sounds. The car picked up the "dots" from PacMan, while picking up items and people. Thank God it said "Copyright © Namco" on the bottom or someone would have gotten their ass sued (okay, probably not, but you know... :roll: "

Yes there has been a commercial with various PacMan sounds. The car picked up the "dots" from PacMan' date=' while picking up items and people. Thank God it said "Copyright © Namco" on the bottom or someone would have gotten their ass sued (okay, probably not, but you know... :roll: "[/quote']

There is a rap song called "Game Over" by Lil' Flip (I think that is who it was) with sounds from Pac-Man also.

I just bought my first tv yesterday

What did you use previously to play your Atari 2600?

I'm seen that car commercial with the pac-man theme. It's pretty funny, and less annoying than most car ads but still they play it to death.

I've never seen that hummer ad, I'll have to check it out.

The hummer comercial made my day the first time i ever say it it was tight. If any ove you have G4thech tv on the show Players they open part of it up with what looks like someversion of Spaceinvaders, and they featured a 2600 with et as teh game being played it was quite interesting i wish i had recorded the episode.

RD

I just bought my first tv yesterday

What did you use previously to play your Atari 2600?

I'm seen that car commercial with the pac-man theme. It's pretty funny' date=' and less annoying than most car ads but still they play it to death.

I've never seen that hummer ad, I'll have to check it out.[/quote']

old black and white atari monitor

I remember when I first saw the commercial. I was flipping cable channels and thought for a second that I might have discovered some show on arcade classics until the Hummer came out. I wonder how much it must have cost to let Atari use Asteroids for the commercial.

I wonder how much it must have cost to let Atari use Asteroids for the commercial.

That's an interesting way to phrase it (and I'm not quite sure what you mean).

I wouldn't be surprised though if it was the case that Atari (a.k.a. Infogrames) paid Hummer, rather than the other way around, to bring itself some publicity!

I was floored when I saw my beloved Asteroids recreated on the screen... and then disgusted to see that it was in a Hummer ad.

I would like to know what possible justification there is for a civilian to own -- and drive on city streets -- a Humvee... beyond the fact that it is just carrying the big-SUV-as-status-symbol mentality to its logical extreme.

I would like to know what possible justification there is for a civilian to own -- and drive on city streets -- a Humvee... beyond the fact that it is just carrying the big-SUV-as-status-symbol mentality to its logical extreme.

I own an authentic military surplus Humvee. It only cost me $20,000! but it needed a new drive train, (engine, transmission, differential) so total it cost me about $35,000. it's really cool! plus, since I'm in the Military, I get to drive my Humvee to Dril! Plus it handles off road like nothing else.

On the other hand, I think the Cavillian version of the "H1" was rather stupid. And I think the "H2" is the worst thing to ever be released with the Hummer name on it. the "H2" uses a standard GM frame! it's just a big ugly SUV desinged for freeway and around-the-town travel!!!! the authentic Humvee, like mine, it was designed to get down and dirty! I love it!

I own an authentic military surplus Humvee. It only cost me $20,000! but it needed a new drive train, (engine, transmission, differential) so total it cost me about $35,000. it's really cool! plus, since I'm in the Military, I get to drive my Humvee to Dril! Plus it handles off road like nothing else.

On the other hand, I think the Cavillian version of the "H1" was rather stupid. And I think the "H2" is the worst thing to ever be released with the Hummer name on it. the "H2" uses a standard GM frame! it's just a big ugly SUV desinged for freeway and around-the-town travel!!!! the authentic Humvee, like mine, it was designed to get down and dirty! I love it!

Not true. The H2 uses a heavily modified truck frame, which as a side note, is probably one of the stringest frames available right now. I am going to be getting a Hummer sometime in the next few months. I have always wanted an H1 but the H2 is very appealing for many more reasons. And the H2's off road capabilities are pretty much unmatched with the exception of the H1. In either case, whichever I decide to get, I know that I will be more than happy to have one. Now if ya wanna make fun of a Hummer, I will gladly join in with you if we talk about the H3..... :D THAT is never going to be worthy of the Hummer name

my feelings exactly...

http://www.fuh2.com/

:)

That site is awesome! Besides the fact that I love them, all of the listed reasons on there influenced my decision to finally get one. Sorry moralists, I can make my own purchases :)