IGNORED

Atari Identification and Problems

abc_exporters

I bought 3 and a half (the fourth system was basically the shell and board) Atari systems a couple of days ago and I need help idenitying them and getting them to work properly. I'm pretty sure one is an Atari Jr. 2600, Atari VCS - CX2600A and Sears Video Arcade (how do I know if it's a heavy sixer?).

I have gotten all of these systems to work, but the picture is really poor and the sound has alot of static. I'm just curious if I have the correct power supply (output 9.75V DC 650mA) and hook the systems up properly. I have an automatic TV/game switch from Radio Shack, which hooks directly up to the Atari Jr. (I use a phono jack coupler that goes connects the other two ataris). My TV is kinda crappy, but I don't think that's the problem. I would like to figure out what the problem is.

I also got in the deal a video game center, which holds the Ataris and games. I have not seen anything like it on any Atari sites or eBay. Does anyone know what exactly it is? There were around 10 controllers included I'm guessing the best way to test them is to use them. Also I got a couple of old boxes in the deal, about 38 in all including a Atari VCS - CX2600A box. How much would you say the hold lot would be worth?

Thank you for your time.

post-5311-1086471836_thumb.jpg

post-5311-1086471837_thumb.jpg

post-5311-1086471838_thumb.jpg

post-5311-1086471839_thumb.jpg

post-5311-1086471840_thumb.jpg

Yup. Use a manual switchbox or F-Type to Coax adapter. The latter produces a very nice picture indeed.

Anyway, to identify the models, the four-switch is the standard Atari VCS 4-switch woodgrain model (also known as the four-switch woody). The Sears is the six-switch Sears Video Arcade (also known for both Sears and Atari models as a "light sixer") and, of course, the 2600 Jr. model.

Heavy sixers are easily identified mainly by the moulding around the sides. Where the light sixer's moulding is thin and has angular curves, the heavy sixer has very thick moulding -- solid from edge to grille (no gap as in the light sixer) and is very rounded at the sides.

post-104-1086478978_thumb.jpg

Yeah, well I have cable Internet... but I DON'T have a 35-inch MONITOR!!!!

Sorry to the new guy... I'm not trying to be mean. I'd actually like to help but those pictures are so freakin' huge that I can't see enough of them on my screen at once to be able to make any sense of them!

Sorry to the new guy... I'm not trying to be mean. I'd

actually like to help but those pictures are so freakin' huge that I can't  

see enough of them on my screen at once to be able to make any sense  

of them!

You could always save the pictures to your hardrive and then open

them with windows or another picture viewer. ;)