IGNORED

Who here has a VCS but doesn't own Combat?

sku_u

Apparently someone out there does 'cause I've got two of them. And if I remember correctly this was the pack-in game. :ponder:

Of course, I figure they also sold the game, too (which defies all logic because there was already 1 Combat per VCS sold). But both carts that I have, so far as I can tell, are the pack-in versions.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to tell, with only the cartridge, whether it was a pack-in or not. They didn't really do anything specific to identify the pack-in cartridges. My 2600, purchased in May 1982, came with the text label version of the cart, and my grandma's 2600, purchased in maybe July or August of that year, came with the picture label version.

(I own both of those copies of the game now... :) )

I know that not everyone got a copy of Combat, because a guy I knew back in the mid-to-late 80's was telling me that he wanted to find this cool game that he had played at someone's house, that had biplanes, tanks, and jets that you could fly against a second player. It was Combat. I should have given him directions to a pawn shop I knew that had a box of 50 Atari games, 30+ of which were Combat.

Well I have six of them myself! What's more, they are all text labels. Also, my collection is relatively small with only 101 unique games in it. That seems like a high percentage.

Also, I always enjoy it when someone puts a copy of Combat on ebay and says that it's rare. I don't think that fools anyone!

I didn't own Combat for several years! That's because I bought a Sears which came with Target Fun. I really don't remember how I came into a Combat cart.. but it was when I was still a kid. It was probably a trade or something with someone at school...

well, it was close.. I just recently took inventory of how many 2600's I have.. so after this post, I decided to count my combats.. 131 2600's as of today (more on the way) and 126 combat carts;) (not counting bad labels that are stored somewere waiting to someday be shipped to the alex's ) so I got a few without matching carts, hope Ill be able to find some replacements :ponder: :)

Same here - my Telegames (2600) came with Target Fun (Air-Sea Battle). I think I bought Tank Plus (Combat) at the same time, because I wanted another game to play. I think it was on sale.

Anyway, I picked up a 2600 about a year ago that came with three Combats - all different labels. I would assume that the owner went through three consoles, and just kept the carts when the first two died.

I have recycled tons of Combat carts, so if you don't have one for your system, I could very well be the culprit. :) :)

No Combat here. I'm still waiting for that 1-player variation someone was working on ;)

You may be waiting a while, as Zach has informed me that he is no longer working on Tank AI (and I have removed it from the In Development section).

..Al