IGNORED

New to the site, have a question

hope fails hearts

Hello all, I have in my possession the original 2600 I had when I was a kid and some 50 games or so, but recently it crapped out on me. Now, my question is this: Am I better off trying to find someone or someplace who can fix it, which I've been trying to do but have had no such luck, or should I try and track down a replacement at a flea market or such. I would like to try the latter, but I'm not a huge collector or anything, I'm just nostalgic, and I wouldn't really know where to start. I live in the areas of Boston and Providence, so if anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the board. It's probably easier just to get another system. If you have a flea market or thrift store near you, try there. You also might find one just by asking around. I've had several friends give me their system just because they knew I collect and had one sitting around. I'm sure someone from around here would sell you one if you don't have any luck in your area.

My guess would be that it's just your power suppy that's gone bad. Do a search on this board for the power suppy specs and see if you can pick one up at Radio Shack(they say they don't have it- so be ready with all the specs because they probably really do have it) or at a dept. or electronics store. You can also look on the trading post on this site for bargains. There's a lot of help here!! :D And welcome to Atari Age!! :!:

If you can get to try a new power supply and it still doesn't work, you may want to try and change the RF cable.. it worked for me once on my woody...!

But I agree getting a new 2600 is the quickest route!

Ciao,

Rasty.-

Hello all, I have in my possession the original 2600 I had when I was a kid and some 50 games or so, but recently it crapped out on me. Now, my question is this: Am I better off trying to find someone or someplace who can fix it, which I've been trying to do but have had no such luck, or should I try and track down a replacement at a flea market or such. I would like to try the latter, but I'm not a huge collector or anything, I'm just nostalgic, and I wouldn't really know where to start. I live in the areas of Boston and Providence, so if anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Come to the NECG meet on 6/27. I have several spare 2600's. I'll be sure to bring one if you want it.