IGNORED

Cookie Monster Munch???

conda

I got this game Cookie Monster Munch in a bunch of carts I was given but when I tried to test it and it doesn't seem to want to play. Is there a special controller or something this game is expecting? It does not seem dead.

Thanks

Thanks for the overlay.

It's funny, I have a two year old, and as I have been testing all the games I get, he climbs up on the chair next to me and wants to play them. So far his favorate games are the Moon Patrol for the 800xl and Lock N Chase for the 2600. My wife is not happy with me. :lolblue:

This game uses the kids' controller, although the video touch pad or the keyboard controllers will also work, as they're all just different designs of the same controller.

I never knew that. I always thought you HAD to use the kids controller. I've been thinking about getting the Sesame Street Games for my daughter. She'll be 4 in August. What age group were these games geared towards?

What age group were these games geared towards?
Yeah, I'd like to know that also. My kid is two and loves them, but he needs help playing. He plays these games for about a half hour at a time. That is good for a two-year-old.

Gregory DG,

Do you also have those overlays for the other Sesame Street games?

Is the Keyboard Controller better one to use?

I've got a couple of them... I haven't done them all yet.

Dunno if it's better, I don't have a kids controller, so I can't say.

Here's the one for Big Bird...

post-590-1087318316_thumb.jpg

The kids controller is $15 at http://www.worldofatari.com  (in the controllers section)

You can also buy the overlays for BigBird/Ernie/Cookie for $15 (kids controller size) (in the 2600 section under new games)

Link to order overlays

http://worldofatari.safeshopper.com/64/307.htm?919

Link to order Kids Controller (new)

http://worldofatari.safeshopper.com/83/401.htm?919

It's funny, I have a two year old, and as I have been testing all the games I get, he climbs up on the chair next to me and wants to play them.  So far his favorate games are the Moon Patrol for the 800xl and Lock N Chase for the 2600.   My wife is not happy with me.  :lolblue:

Aww cmon, tell her we all grew up playing classic videogames and see how good we... hmmm.. well scratch that :roll:

Regards!

Rasty.-

What I do not understand is why the kid controller is a 12 button controller .. but the games use 4 buttons max. Seems more appropriate if Atari had made a four button Kid controller .. Then kids would not get confused about which button to push after losing the overlay.

If I remember correctly one of the kid games does not use the same 4 buttons that the others use. Weird!

Of course my wish is to play Cookie Monster Munch with a joystick.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

What I do not understand is why the kid controller is a 12 button controller .. but the games use 4 buttons max.

I picked one of these & all the kids games for it for my nephew for Xmas(gave my brother an Atari, all controllers, 60 cartridges, and a supercharger with 350 game files on CD).

I played the games quite a bit with my nephew over the holidays and 2 of the 4 games for the kids controller used over 4 buttons:

Cookie Monster - 5 (up, down, left, right & eat cookie)

Oscar - 8 (up, down, left, right, jump, and 3 select a can for "count the trash")

I didn't know about this one in time for Xmas - Holey Moley uses 9 buttons.