IGNORED

rarity for "bristles"

kuifje76

I have the game Bristles.... I searched on the board, and I guess it's rare..... How rare?

because there's no rarityguide for it, or is it?

Can anybody tell me....

I used to have it for a really long time, I have had it in my closet for over 10 years or more.

Quite rare one there. I would say it is the rarer First Star Cart, then Flip and Flop, then Boulderdash

I had the game on diskette (I now have the cartridge as well) in the mid 80s, and it was one of my favorites (but very, VERY frustrating -- damn that girl that puts her hand prints in my paint!)

Rob Catron

Frankfort, KY

I dunno, maybe I'm exagerrating, but I think those 3 first star games are neigh impossible. 8-bit cart finds are all around more uncommon than cart systems like 2600, Inty, CV. So, the rares for 8-bit are really tough. I can see that it could take me 10 years to 'complete' my 8-bit collection with at least 10 titles almost never seen anywhere. Those First Star titles are up there.

As with many things more rare doesn't always mean more money. Comparable 2600 carts could fetch 10 times more, fortunately for us collectors. I would guess Bristles could fetch $75-$200, more likely somewhere in between.

I dunno, maybe I'm exagerrating, but I think those 3 first star games are neigh impossible. 8-bit cart finds are all around more uncommon than cart systems like 2600, Inty, CV. So, the rares for 8-bit are really tough. I can see that it could take me 10 years to 'complete' my 8-bit collection with at least 10 titles almost never seen anywhere. Those First Star titles are up there.  

As with many things more rare doesn't always mean more money. Comparable 2600 carts could fetch 10 times more, fortunately for us collectors. I would guess Bristles could fetch $75-$200, more likely somewhere in between.

Rarity and $ value for 8-bit carts are not the same thing at all. The First Star carts are all hard to find. As Ianoid says, rare 8-bit carts are much harder to find than 2600 carts with the same "1-10" rating. Fortunately, they're not usually as expensive as the very rare 2600 games. Supply and demand...

However, these carts do appear on eBay. The auctions don't always get to end at the appointed time, though.

The last CIB Bristles that I saw on eBay was sold in a side deal - for less than it was worth, too.

It does appear that Boulderdash is a little less elusive than Flip and Flop or Bristles, but 8-9-9 (rarity, out of 10) seems about right.