IGNORED

Solder and sweat. . .

Starhopper

:ponder: Well, after some searching, I've not had any luck finding a 7800 power supply. Does anyone have information on the board (i.e. schematics)? I am fully capable of exchanging one connection for the other, but I need to know which pin is positive. :roll:

I attached my own connecter when I bought a 7800 only box. I found that my Sega Master System (SMS) had the same specs and so I found a female connecter for the SMS converter. I strapped it to the circuit board with a cable-tie. Works for me.

This always makes me think how much the parts in the SMS are the same in the 7800. Like if someone came up with a hybrid that played both, they would probably have very little SMS or 7800 specific circuitry.

About a year after that I found a 7800 with converter and joystick.

:ponder: Well, after some searching, I've not had any luck finding a 7800 power supply.  Does anyone have information on the board (i.e. schematics)?  I am fully capable of exchanging one connection for the other, but I need to know which pin is positive. :roll:

mpja.com sells NOS lynx power supplies which are the same volts/amps as the 7800, you just need to solder it directly in place of the power plug or if you have an old dead p/s, cut the plug and and splice it onto the lynx p/s

Curt