IGNORED

Vectrex Multicart Problem?

rogueleader

I have a Vectrex multicart (see picture) It says version 1.1 and the year 1994. I had never really played this for more than a few times. I now have it up for auction. Anyway, I plugged up the game today b/c someone asked what games were on the multicart and I noticed something. First the menu on the multicart is very jittery and also after about 20 seconds it just starts to fade away. But this is only the menu. The games work fine and stay on nice and bright and so does the built in game. After it fades out if you hit the button to start a game it loads the game and comes back on. Is this normal for this cart? Also it appears that some of the game titles when they load are different games than whats on the menu but then I just may be doing something wrong. I would like to know b/c this auction ends soon and I don't want to rip anyone off. Thanks!

I didn't have a cart like that. I had a Sean Kelly cart. Is that a Greg Woodcock made cart? If you're Vectrex goes out of calibration, the text can be drawn all squished, flattened or reversed and the other vector game graphics can appear fine. Mine had slightly stretched text till I adjusted it. If you open it up there are pots on the circuit board you can adjust. I don't know why the text would fade out after 20 seconds though. Did you try it with any other carts?