IGNORED

Questions for Heavy Sixer owners

candiru

Do you actually use your heavy sixer for your 2600 gaming because of the higher image quality and because it looks kick-ass?

Or do you just keep it as a showpiece? If so, why -- tight cartridge slot? Prefer a different Atari model?

I'm just curious because I'm trying to determine if I'd actually use one if I got it. I've seen a few since I began collecting. They were decently priced, but never quite good enough deals to lure me into purchasing. It's kind of hard to justify when I've already got several other 2600s and other consoles. The collector in me says yes, but my closet shelves say no.

I keep mine in a plastic bag stored away. It is with my other stuff I don't use (which include a few other 2600 systems).

The "lite" six switch system will have the same image quality as a heavy sixer. It is only the 4 switch and jr that have the lighter colors.

lol, im on the verge also of buying a six switch woodgrain for show purposes only. Shelf space is a huge problem at the moment to a point where i have to think twice about buying a console especially since i added a boxed megadive and boxed master system to my coolection ( dang those megadrive boxes are huge ) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have several heavy sixer. :D :D Most of them i keep hiden away in my sevret stash so that no one else will ever see them except formy self and few privelaged individuals.

For playing games i actually do use one of my Sixers it is my sears heavy sixer i love that thing great 2600 one of my favorite. :D

RD