IGNORED

Impossible Mission question

Shaggy the Atarian

I haven't used MESS since a long time ago... I must be an idiot cause I can't get jack to work with it... Have they made it any easier?

Like making packages that auto search and put the files in the right place? Like having a master site that you don't have to go 15 other places first to get the bios for each system? Like actually auto checking the files and only showing stuff for the correct system?

Um... ... ...NO

In fact I have a weird 7800 bios that flags the emulator to think the 7800 won't run but it will, I get a warning that the game may not work properly

I haven't used MESS since a long time ago... I must be an idiot cause I can't get jack to work with it... Have they made it any easier?

Like making packages that auto search and put the files in the right place? Like having a master site that you don't have to go 15 other places first to get the bios for each system? Like actually auto checking the files and only showing stuff for the correct system? <had I known this each Atari would have its own folder, to lazy to go back>

Um... ... ...NO

In fact I have a weird 7800 bios that flags the emulator to think the 7800 won't run but it will, I get a warning that the game may not work properly

MESS is one of those emulators that works well when you get it to work. If you get it to work. Personally I think a fella ought to be given some kind of medal for being able to boot up his favorite game and system using MESS. Doing that much is half the battle, I'd say! :lolblue:

But if you're intuitive and can figure out complicated programs with little to no documentation (there is documentation, but it won't help much), then by all means, try MESS for 7800 emulation. Otherwise, try a friendlier emulator. :P

So far as I can tell, that's the case.

But then again I'm still trying to beat the game. I never got to play the game until recently through emulation. Started the C64 version and then found this apparently fixed rom for the 7800 version and I've been playing it now too. But as I mentioned before, I've never really been that good at the game. I'm assuming that, since I haven't really read the intructions for the game I may be just misunderstanding the objective overall.

At any rate, yes. This is apparently the fixed rom.

I can play with MESS now the file is the right type. The 7800 directions are at

http://www.atariage.com/manual_thumbs.html...wareLabelID=729

I found all avaliable puzzle peices once .... on the 7800 ... but I like to give those nasty robots big hugs or at least handshakes so I don't usually get that far.