IGNORED

Does Anyone here have every atari game and box?

Kaboom

I doubt there is one person who has every boxes and manuals for 2600.  For one thing, no one's been able to prove the existience of Air Raid box.

Although from what I remember, the only reason we know it's called Air Raid is because that's what the box says.... so I suppose if the box doesn't exist then the game doesn't... kind of.

How confusing.

But no, nobody has a complete collection that we know of... there are several very close though!

Of course there's also variants - do you count complete if you have, say, all the text labels, but only one colour of each (i.e. if you have all the Atari carts, but your Bowling cart has red text and you don't have the blue text version, is it complete?)

I would say that as long as every playable Atari 2600 title is boxed, you have a complete boxed Atari collection. Box variations (like the original 9 gatefold boxes) and label variations are just extras after that.

The only exception to the rule would be the Sears Tele-Games which can be considered both box and label variants to the Atari released games, but in my opinion, I wouldn't consider a collection complete if all the Sears ones weren't represented.

What about pirates, though? It's less of a problem where you are, of course, but over here there are many many pirate versions... for instance, "Hey Stop!" which is Keystone Kapers, but with a Dalek (?), or "Mariana" (Seaquest), or that Frostbite clone with a female 'star'...

I agree in principle, though - and anyway, it doesn't matter, after all the only person to define your collection is yourself!

I doubt there is one person who has every boxes and manuals for 2600.  For one thing, no one's been able to prove the existience of Air Raid box.

Air Raid is just a cheap Brazillian pirate cart. Like the Beagle Bros. carts, the mystique surrounding this one will eventually be debunked and it will no longer be considered a legitimate NTSC release with a rarity of 10.

One only needs to look at the cheap plastic case, the dump of the game in the AA DB, the fact that the company's name is MenAvision, which to me screams pirate company, that this game is just a hack of a more common game, and that the only supposed legitimate "NTSC" copy was found in CA which is a stone's throw from Mexico.