IGNORED

Cosmic Commander LCD mod...

Susuwatari

I've already started the LCD mod for the Cosmic Commander. The built in light bulb will have to go, no need for extra light when there's LCD. But what about the motor for 70's stiyle feedback? Should it stay or should it be removed? It'd have no effect on the controller fuction since the fire button is double pole single throw. One set are for fire line to groun and other are for battery to light and motor.

PS taking apart the CC was a major PITA. First I had to remnove 4 screws and detatch the bottom panel to remove the red piece that connects to the 2 white controller. Then I had to pop out the black ring around the fire button and pry the front and back halfs apart. They were snap together and hard to get it apart.

Thanks a lot for the replies. < /sarcasm>

My rendering of a Cosmic COmmander LCD playing (what else) Survival Run. I have gotten the LCD to fit in place without any noticeable blemis on the front. Got to mount the main board and drill holes for the power supply and AV in. I will also have to move the volume and contrast control button from the main board to elsewhere, probably on the "control panel" on the base of the Cosmic Commander.

tl.jpg t.jpg tr.jpg
l.jpg survival2.gif r.jpg
bl.jpg b.jpg br.jpg