IGNORED

What "FUN" games are there at Rarity 5 and above?

Kenwood

I know a lot of you on this board collect any rare Atari Game just to add to your collection. I want to play fun games on my Sixer, not collect carts. So....what "FUN" games are there at Rarity 5 and ABOVE?

For me that's:

Beamrider

H.E.R.O.

Miner 2049er

Montezuma's Revenge

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Quadrun is one rare game that I'd really like to have. :) Currently I only play it on my Cuttle Cart.

But yeah the much of what's rare is crap. People here go gaga simply because they're rare and to shove it in a case or shelf and display it and simply to have it. You wouldn't really catch them dead playing it though. :P But that's a collectors mentality (something I thankfully don't really have) ;)

But yeah the much of what's rare is crap. People here go gaga simply because they're rare and to shove it in a case or shelf and display it and simply to have it. You wouldn't really catch them dead playing it though. :P But that's a collectors mentality (something I thankfully don't really have) ;)

Actually, Tapper is a 6 rarity, and you probably could catch me dead playing it, its my most played game. Loved the arcade, loves it more on the atari (the mountain dew does it) =D

I like the stupid Video Cube, but I bet I'm the only one.  Same goes for Miner 2049er and Miner 2049er II. :)

I really enjoy "Atari Video Cube" but can't stand the sloth like "Miner 2049er"s.

Pretty much how I feel sometimes. I don't see myself spending over $100 for any individual cart right now. However, some rare games are actually fun to play.

I really enjoy "Atari Video Cube" but can't stand the sloth like "Miner 2049er"s.

Sloth? LOL.

Though some of these games are hardly rare, Here's a few I enjoy a lot:

Miner 2049er

Tapper

Bump N Jump

There are a lot of fun rare games, and this also includes unreleased protos, which are rare and fun.

Stronghold

Star Wars: Ewok Adventure -proto

Kabobber -proto

Gauntlet

Malagai

Obelix

Asterix

Aquaventure -proto

Crazy Climber

Q*bert's Qubes

Frogger (supercharger)

Here are some from my collection:

Beamrider (5) - excellent shooter

H.E.R.O. (5) - excellent, maybe Activision's best game

Frogger II (6) - it's threedeep! What more do you need? ;)

Gravitar (8 - if you count the silver label) - tough game, but fun

Quadrun (9) - really unique gameplay, and cool sound fx

Jawbreaker (5) - oustanding maze chase game, one of my favorites

Polaris (6) - takes a few waves to get going (get it? waves! I kill me...)

Tapper (6) - amazing translation, really challenging

Spy Hunter (6) - another winner from Sega

SpaceMaster X-7 is a great shooter. (Also reminds me I've lent one copy out for a trade that hasn't been completed yet.)

Frankestein's Monster. Picked this up at PC5.

I like Track & Field better than Decathalon. I have the Track & Field controller so I don't put too much wear on my joysticks. You get better times with it as well.

Some of the Supercharger games are 5's and above, all of which are very good. Ones I like besides the supercharger games are, Montezuma's revenge, Shootin' gallery, Sentinel, H.E.R.O., Mr. Do!, Pooyan, King Kong, Pengo and video cube.

SpaceMaster X-7 is a great shooter. (Also reminds me I've lent one copy out for a trade that hasn't been completed yet.)

Just waiting on you to tell me what you are looking for, hombre. As soon as you get a game in your sights, let me know I'll hunt it down. Can't get anything by you accountants! ;) :P :D :D :D :D

I'll second Frankenstien's Monster. :) Great game.

Pretty much any Commavid game (minus Rush Hour, Magicard and Video Life), all the Answer games, Air Raid (hack or not, I love this game), Qbert's Qubes (yes, I really like this one), Klax (the unreleased Proto NTSC version), Pengo (the unreleased alternate proto version) and Elk Attack.