IGNORED

Atari Controllers

FireTiger

Excluding some kind of test cart how do you check your Atari controllers?

I'm findind Tron Deadly Discs and Mase Crase/Mase Maina are good for single button controllers, any other suggestions?

(wouldn't mind a controller forum honestly) :ponder: :roll:

Excluding some kind of test cart how do you check your Atari controllers?

I'm findind Tron Deadly Discs and Mase Crase/Mase Maina are good for single button controllers, any other suggestions?

(wouldn't mind a controller forum honestly) :ponder:  :roll:

Here's a nice archive of controllers for you:

http://www.gamerzuniverse.net/atari/Atari%...ity%20Guide.htm

@InanimateCarbonRod -Good thinking

I just tested 16 controllers 7 of which work perfectly!

None of the others were dead or compleatly nonresponsive... Now to find a cheap way to fix those other 9... Best Electronics has interal boards for most of these if I NEED to do that, anyone got a link of fixing controllers?

I was testing my controllers a while back. I got through about 10 broken ones and I realized that it is my controller port! At least I think it is. when I wiggle it, the controllers will work for a while.

Sounds like you need to reflow the solder around pins on the board. My Sega used to do the same thing. Just get a cheap $7 soldering iron from Radio Shack if you don't have one. Melt the solder around the pin on the back of the board and then let it cool. Repeat 17 more times and your done.

Sounds like you need to reflow the solder around pins on the board.  My Sega used to do the same thing.  Just get a cheap $7 soldering iron from Radio Shack if you don't have one.   Melt the solder around the pin on the back of the board and then let it cool.  Repeat 17 more times and your done.

I have a sega Nomad where Pin 1 doesn't work on the 2nd player port. you think this will fix it? I did testing with a continuetity tool and the other connection are fine...

I have a sega Nomad where Pin 1 doesn't work on the 2nd player port. you think this will fix it? I did testing with a continuetity tool and the other connection are fine...

I haven't even seen a Nomad in person (eventhough I really want one) so I don't know thier insides at all. But if the connector is attached to the board in the same way as Atari and Genesis consoles it could possibly fix your problem. On the consoles I used a 40 watt iron. But I wouldn't use more than a 20 watt iron on a handheld because of how close the components are.