IGNORED

Riddle of the Sphinx

Badger94

I have been playing this game for a while and I am having a little trouble. I can never seem to find the staff. I believe you need to offer the staff at the Temple of Ra, however I can never find it. Where does it come from? The other temples, Isis, or a nomad trader? Thanks for your help.

I wish the 2600 had more games along the lines of Riddle of the Sphinx and less games like Space Jockey. I loved Riddle of the Sphinx, it was a high caliber game for the 2600. You had to use your head. It was like an RPG lite. But instead, we got a lot of games like Space Cavern. :roll:

I always loved Riddle of the Sphinx, however I wished there was more of an ending to it. Just something to indicate you win the game like flashing the screen. Still a great game though. I was actually working on a sequel when I was a kid on my TI99 4/a. I got as far as a title screen and drawing some of the sprites before my TI finally died on me.

I loved playing and solving the Riddle of the Sphinx. I borrowed it from a friend for two weeks who lent me the instruction manual too.

But as a game I would have bought? I would have hated it. After I solved the riddle, it didn't have any replay value for me. I was glad to give back.

This was the first game I encounter that you finished and it became esentially worthless. I've never understood the appeal of a game like this.

I need to give it a try again since I have forgotten most all of the puzzle. It didn't have enough action for me to keep replaying it. I did like learning about Egyptianl mythology though and the game was well done all around.

I just felt like ranting on games that can be finished. It was more of a NES thing, but I really hate the idea.

This is one of my favorites. The novel thing about it is that you can play forever if you want to, just to beat your last high score. Just keep digging up treasures (or nailing Isis) and offering them to the appropriate temples.

(Possible spoiler below)

Does anyone know if there's any indication, at any point in the game, about which tablet (the tile things you get by unlocking the pyramids) the Sphinx is going to accept, or is it completely random?