IGNORED

High Score Club Week 14: Stampede

Ze_ro

Not that my score necessarily reflects good strategy skills, but here is what I do.

At the start I clear out all of the cows except the dark red ones. The game will fill in the slots with dark red anyways.

This game is all about control and rhythm. Since I suck I usually stick to keeping one lane clear and the rest filled. Just make sure when you clear a lane that you have enough time to get back to that lane if you need to move out and herd the other lanes. If this means herding the cows in the clear lane, then by all means do it.

I usually pick the third lane from the top as my herding lane. Never use the top or the bottom.

If I had more time I'd probably work on keeping two lanes clear, but unfortunately I dont.

Another improvement, this time to 3756.

As for my strategy, like The 5th Ghost I tend in the early stages (when things are still quite slow) to work on roping three rows at a time, first the top three rows then the bottom three. Once the games starts to really speed up I tend to concentrate on roping one or both of the middle rows while shepherding the top and bottom two rows.

Like I said before though, my main problem is that I tend to make one stupid mistake and then everything goes wrong. If I can keep it together I can definitely do better.

post-4591-1089396178_thumb.jpg

Hey Ze_ro,

Technically, the score does roll. It rolls over to zero every 10 thousand points and the game stops at the 10th rollover point, thus 99,999 is the max score.

Ah, thanks for the correction. No one ever actually tells me what happens when they get scores like that, so most of the games, I just guess at what happens :)

... what a strange way for Stampede to behave though... Perhaps they originally intended for it to display 5 digits, but dropped it to 4 when that didn't work out or something. Weird.

--Zero

Tips:

Thanx to everyone that posted your tips this week. Without those, I'd still be floating around 4K per game. :thumbsup:

Also, I'd like to ask if the score rolls at 10K. :? I've tried all week, but could never break 10K. I've been all around 7-9K, but can't make it "over the top"... And it's time for some Rogue III Speeder Bikes tonight. :D

ò¿ó   smile_to_hsc_patches.gif

post-178-1089598570_thumb.jpg

Tips:

Thanx to everyone that posted your tips this week.  Without those, I'd still be floating around 4K per game.  :thumbsup:

Also, I'd like to ask if the score rolls at 10K.  :?  I've tried all week, but could never break 10K.  I've been all around 7-9K, but can't make it "over the top"... And it's time for some Rogue III Speeder Bikes tonight.  :D

ò¿ó   smile_to_hsc_patches.gif

You can't even read your score in that picture. You only need a screenshot, not your whole atari system.

And it is a good idea to actually put your score in text in your post. ;)