IGNORED

Release dates for new homebrews.

jnice

I've seen some good news on a couple websites just recently: First, the Mean Hamster site (www.meanhamstersoftware.com) has been updated, and there's a release date for Irata's Quest up there for Fall 2004. John, I won't hold you to that, but maybe I'm more understanding than others around here :wink: . Anyway, looking forward to that game. Also looks like his Klax game is for sale at the atari2600.com site! I'm still looking for another person in Iowa to play Combat II with me...

And Adventure II's going to be released for some of those gaming expos in August (I forget which ones)? Beef Drop is looking pretty close to completion. All we need now is some sort of out-of-the-blue announcement about 5200 Tempest being completed and ready for purchase before the end of the year!!!

Utopia is still "Coming Someday". It's not forgotton about, just haven't found time to do it. The biggest issue for me is dragging my PC out of the closet to write the code on it since 5200BAS isn't available on the Mac side (and VPC is a bit slow for emulating the 5200).

Utopia is still "Coming Someday".  It's not forgotton about, just haven't found time to do it.  The biggest issue for me is dragging my PC out of the closet to write the code on it since 5200BAS isn't available on the Mac side (and VPC is a bit slow for emulating the 5200).

I have the same problem. I recently bought a Pentium 2 tower so that I can use 5200bas, Cuttle cart 2, 5200 maxicart, etc.

Allan

Bristles is indeed being released at cge.

Original source code does exist but a conversion was easier thanks to the skills of some aa members!

we also have a new never before seen first star game proto though! more on that later!

Bristles is indeed being released at cge.

Original source code does exist but a conversion was easier thanks to the skills of some aa members!

we also have a new never before seen first star game proto though! more on that later!

Even though you went with the conversion is there any chance that the source could be released? A new game by First Star? Yah baby!! I was wondering why you had a link to their site on your web page.

Allan

No, fss won't ever release source code, its just their policy. But bristles and the prototype game aren't the only things we have in store!  Official Boulder Dash for 5200 and 2-3 other cool projects!

Tease! :P

I'm looking forward to hearing more about them and hopefully picking these up assuming they will be available outside of CGE.

Actually, we talked about giving him official rights to do a 2600 port. I'm not sure what happened. As far as renaming the game is concerned, that doesn't really work in this instance. That's why I wasn't able to release Atari Tris.

John

Work is still being done on Tempest, but it definitely won't be ready this year.

We have lost some key people and we are looking to find others willing to work on it.

If you think you are up to the challenge and know 6502 assembly pretty well, PM me ASAP.

Here's a screenshot for you, you should see the nymphs and a fuseball!

Tempest.jpg

Yes, yes...I could do that. In fact, I already have one of these. But playing it on a 5200, when it was VERY close to being completed, would be terrific! Keep on keepin' on, Dutchman! If I knew anything about programming (and I DON'T), I'd volunteer.

Work is still being done on Tempest, but it definitely won't be ready this year.

We have lost some key people and we are looking to find others willing to work on it.

If you think you are up to the challenge and know 6502 assembly pretty well, PM me ASAP.

Here's a screenshot for you, you should see the nymphs and a fuseball!

Tempest.jpg

:?

Aren't you worried about getting sued from FortuneCity? j/k

You know what, I saw the Tempest picture a half hour ago, but now I see the Fortune City replacement pic. What's up with that?

And, could you guys show a screenshot of these upcoming 5200 games? I'd love to see a couple new pics of Irata's Quest, and this new Bristles game (is this a port from another system , the title doesn't ring a bell with me?, etc!

Such secrecy! What's a screenshot or two going to hurt?