IGNORED

Anyone ever reach the max 999,999 points on Activision games

Kenwood

The only ones I remember maxing out now were Chopper Command and Laserblast. I wrote in both times with shots of the screen. For Chopper Command I got a non-form letter that apologised for there being no special reward plus a second Chopper Commandos patch. For Laserblast there was a special badge 1,000,000 points badge that's well documented elsewhere on this site.

Thanks for the link!

Nevermind.....I should just rename this thread the "Todd Rogers scores 999.999 points thread".  :D [/i]

Yeah, Todd is an amazing game player. You can always go to http://www.beatthechamp.com/ and read more about him. Kind of interesting I think, just because I couldn't even fathom having that good of hand-eye coordination.

I think he is from a different planet or something. :D :P

Thanks for the link!

Nevermind.....I should just rename this thread the "Todd Rogers scores 999.999 points thread".  :D [/i]

Yeah, Todd is an amazing game player. You can always go to http://www.beatthechamp.com/ and read more about him. Kind of interesting I think, just because I couldn't even fathom having that good of hand-eye coordination.

I think he is from a different planet or something. :D :P

No SwordQuest's :D

I scored 999,999 or 1,000,000 on quite a few Activision titles myself. I got patches for all my scoring achievments. Laser Blast was the only one for which I received a special patch.

In the manual, Kaboom! mentioned a special reward if one scored 999,999, but I've never heard from anyone who got more than just the Bucket Brigade patch.

They also would mention people in the Activisions newsletter for these great scores. Some of the easier games had far to many people max the score to mention all the names, but I did manage to make the newsletter twice! ;) It probably would have been more times but issue 7 came out about the same time I maxed a bunch of games. Activison sent me forms to fill out to be mentioned as one of their world record holders again. I returned all their forms, but no more newsletters were ever released. :sad:

I have never maxed out a score on an Activison game, but about 9 years ago I was reading a Pitfall! manual and saw and advertisement about the 20,000 points or more club. So I played and eventually got like 58,000 before I got board and eventually died. I then sent the screenshot in and my information like it asked. About a month later I got back a weird letter staing that, that club was no longer in service and neither was the offer. I framed the letter and keep it in my office as a mo-mentoe. It made laugh because I never even figured I would get a response.

James

In the manual, Kaboom! mentioned a special reward if one scored 999,999, but I've never heard from anyone who got more than just the Bucket Brigade patch.

Maybe it was me, but I assumed the 'special reward' would happen on the screen. I've never seen the Kaboom! screen with a max score, so I don't know for certain.

I scored the max on Laser Blast, Megamania, and Chopper Command.

Troy