IGNORED

What was your "best value" find for an atari cart?

shining slade

gas hog 1$

masterbuilder 1$

bumperbash 1$

action 52 in 1 CIB 1$ sold it for 150$ (nintendo)

and

2 atari system, over 50 games + 2 nintendo with 10 games + 1 super nintendo + 10 games for a grand total of 10$ (canadian) :love: that lady was happy to get the 10$ and I was happy to get all those games :D

I've had quite a few really good ones recently.

-Atari 5200 Wico joystick with Y-cable...$10

-Cosmic Corridor (Zimag)...$2

-Private Eye (Activision)...$2

-Commodore 64 computer, 1541 disk drive, Rogue Trooper game disk, and two joysticks...all for $0.50 :D (it all works perfectly too)

Meteorites and Chase the Chuckwagon, a buck each or so (I think CtCW was bundled with a random cart for a total of $2) at the same thrift store, about two years apart. And the Atari Video Cube in a box of carts that a co-worker gave me for free. Next would be the find with Crazy Climber and Spy Hunter for $2 each that I had to wait for two weeks until they were put out for sale.

There's three I can think of:

1. I got Waterworld from the Atari Club back in the day

2. I got a free H.E.R.O. cart from the AtariAger I sold that Waterworld cart to for a good price (thanks again for that, K)

3. I paid a guy at work $50 for a Vader, ps, joystick, Entombed, Pigs in Space and Rubik's Cube. I'd like to think that Rubik's Cube alone was worth that (?)

I also bought Sword of Saros and Survival Island in Toys R Us in the 80s for next to nothing. I guess that's it.

I bought my 2600 Jr for 25 bucks at a Federated Electronics store close out sale in Wichita Kansas back in 1988. Its still my main Atari rig today.

In the early 90's I went to a mall toy store (I think it was Kay-Bee) and they were getting rid of all thier 2600 cartridges for a dollar each. Picked up Midnight Magic, Epyx Summer Games and Jr. Pac Man. If I known how rare these games were I would have picked up more (and saved the boxes!!).

Our local thrift stores here in East Texas have 2600, NES and Genesis games now and then anywhere from 2 dollars to 50 cents each. Most of them are run by old ladies who file them in with the 8-tracks and cassettes instead of the toys :P

Gee, I don't know where to start because I've been blessed with several amazing finds.

Here are some cool finds:

Chase the Chuckwagon - mint in box w/instructions. And I mean MINT! 50 cents.

Glib - cart only but mint condition - 10 cents

Atari Video Cube - cart only 10 cents

Music Machine - cart only but mint label - free 8)

Plenty of free stuff from friends like boxed games (Shuttle Orbiter being one of them.)

Plenty of excellent condition boxed games from various thrift stores on average of $2.00 each

Plenty of rare carts at various thrifts for $1.00 to $2.00 each

Crazy Climber: $1

Yes, that is most excellent indeed!

And I'm not the only person on here who wants to kill The fifth ghost for his finds now, am I? :P ;)

Sheesh, and I thought it was a good deal for me to get my Supercharger during the video game crash (actually a year later, in '85, come to think of it) for either $5 or $10 (can't remember which)...

My best find was seeing an ad in the paper about 9 years ago that said atari games new in the box 3 for 1.00. Called the guy and he said he had 4 pallets of them in his garage. They were from the Telegames tornado in Texas where I live, I probably bought 700 or more games from him, (Atari Lynx) new Qix, Double Dragon, Desert Strike.

2600 new Asteroids, tons of others, here is a link to a post I made back in 1995 selling them.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=cunn1695...as.edu&rnum=101

Only thing that could top that is to locate the exact spot of the atari landfill, and I'm still working on that :) stay tuned....

Bruce S.

{i}Our local thrift stores here in East Texas have 2600, NES and Genesis games now and then anywhere from 2 dollars to 50 cents each. Most of them are run by old ladies who file them in with the 8-tracks and cassettes instead of the toys [/i]

Where in East Texas are you from WildBill, I am originally from Texarkana have lived in Tyler too. Now I am in Savannah Georgia.[/i]

Getting a free copy of Tooth Protectors back in 1983. Well, not technically "free" per se, as one had to purchase many tubes of toothpaste to get it but still pretty cool and a hell of a value.

The other great deal I had was acquring a free copy of Kool Aid Man via the Kool-Aid Points promotion. We really had to work for it, drinking gallons upon gallons of that infernal beverage mix, but it was worth it in the end!