IGNORED

Sweet find today

Dolt

So I managed to find someone in NYC selling a 2600 system complete, with 21 games in the boxes, for $45. About 60% of the games, I didn't have boxes for them, so I met the seller on my lunch hour, figuring I could turn around and sell the rest of the boxed games and the 2600 to break even.

The deal got better when I discovered that one of the boxed games was 51 Blackjack in the book-styled box, which I needed.

And then it got even better when I unwrapped the 2600 and discovered I'd bought my first Heavy Sixer! It may be filthy and covered in cat hair, but it's a keeper! :D

BTW, how do I tell if the joysticks are originals? (I don't think they are).

The originals have a slightly recessed hex design on the top, which is suppose to hold a metal hex name plate, either Atari or Sears.

All the ones I've ever found have had the plate missing.

Also the insides used springs to contact the pcb, so they make a sort of clicking sound when pressed in different directions.

And there are also a few different variations in the types of cord & end plugs used, some really thin, but they typically had a rubbery feel to them, (the end plug) vs most later sticks have a harder plastic end plugs. Easiest is to check for the springs, and the sound they make, as well as from pictures, to see the top of joystick for a raised edge hex patern.

I recently purchased what I thought was an origanal Heavy 6er from an auction site. (It wasnt GRRRRRR) When I got it in the mail I took it out of the box and went to plug it in and test to make sure it worked after I was dissapointed to find that it wasnt a Sunnyvale 77 and couldnt figure out why I couldnt get my carts to go in. After further inspection i found that there was a rock jamed in the cartridge slot. :? :? After i pryed the rock out (it was really jammed in there) Everthing worked fine. The only problem that I have with system is that the metal caseing that the cartridge slides into is slightly bent, some carts wont fit into the slot. Not sure what these people were doing with this atari.

I recently purchased what I thought was an origanal Heavy 6er from an auction site. (It wasnt GRRRRRR) When I got it in the mail I took it out of the box and went to plug it in and test to make sure it worked after I was dissapointed to find that it wasnt a Sunnyvale 77 and couldnt figure out why I couldnt get my carts to go in. After further inspection i found that there was a rock jamed in the cartridge slot.  :?  :? After i pryed the rock out (it was really jammed in there) Everthing worked fine. The only problem that I have with system is that the metal caseing that the cartridge slides into is slightly bent, some carts wont fit into the slot. Not sure what these people were doing with this atari.

there are a ton of sellers on ebay that state their light sixer is indeed a heavy. they have no idea which is what. you sometimes have to really study the picture, sometimes its almost impossible to tell................cuz they have terrible camera's. well, good luck and hope you get a true heavy soon. :)