IGNORED

The Eternal Dagger (SSI)

Hello :)

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with info on this game. I have the sequel to this (Wizard's Crown) on my ST and now MUST play the original. So, I am also looking to get this game (Complete ONLY) from somewhere/someone.

First of all, i have a 65XEGS. I know this game comes on disk(s) so i am also looking to get a disk drive. So my questions are as follows:

- Can this game be played on the 65XEGS or is it for the 800 only? (i know very little about the different 8-Bit systems)

- What disk drive would i need to get?

- Does anyone have the complete game for trade or sale?

As always, any imput is highly appreciatd :D

Yes, that is my understanding that WC was the first one, and ED the second and last one. I bought one of these on EBay last year but the disks were faulty (I did not blame the seller, in my estimation it was just age).

They are supposed to be about the most complex, involved RPGs for the Atari 8bit. Not much in the way of graphics, but if you want a detailed, early D&D experience with advanced character statistics and so on, and are ready to devote some time to it, they might be rewarding. They are multicharacter, which was sort of unusual for Atari 8bit RPGs.

It would be neat if someone was able to put one of these on a ROM and make it a bit more user-friendly, eliminate disk-swapping, or clean it up for an emulator in some way.

PS: there is one for Atari ST and one for DOS on eBay right now.

• 1 month later...

Yay! :D I FINALLY got a complete (almost Mint) Eternal Dagger! :D

The only problem now is... well, i still don't have a disk drive for my XE so i can't play it. :sad:

Anyone have a Disk Drive that can be used on a 65XEGS for sale/trade?

Anyone... :?:

Help me AtariAgers... you're my only hope... ( :D )

Anyone have a Disk Drive that can be used on a 65XEGS for sale/trade?

Anyone... :?:  

I have several 1050 drives here (Dallas, Tx) in great working order that I have been meaning to find a good home. I don't know what shipping to Australia would be yet, but if no one closer to ya pipes up, let me know. Would be happy to see it find a good home...

~~C