IGNORED

Journey Escape

NovaXpress

So do any of you Journay fans know the name of the other song in the 2600 game?

yeah I told you I'd tell you. I just have to play the game first. I'll do it tonight :D

I saw AC DC Open up for Journey Yes I said open up for them IN around 1978 Man ACDC Kicked ass. Then Journey came on. I mean what did you excpect happend In San Anotnio Heavy Metal Capital of the US I sit down and started mellowing out I actually was enjoying it. NO AC DC but was still good. The crowd went into mass heasteria and started booing and chanting and thowing shit. LMFAO After about 3 songs Steve Perry Said fuck You SA will never play here again. They didnt either for about 5 years. I went and saw them agian then. What a babe fest. I actually met a some lady there and had a great time. I hadnt got that lucky since the time I went the the Rod Stwart concert that all my head bannger buds wouldnt go After they heard the stoires I told' date=' they all wanted to go to his next concert. LOL Ahh the good old days. :D[/quote']

Dont leave, hhwolfman like Steve Perry left Journey.... :sad:[/quote

Hey Breackpack. Welocme back You were missed. :roll: ]

I feel better now,just like the Journey members do when they get the kool aid looking man in Journey Escape.

When I first bought a CD player in 1993, yeah I know I was late to club, but one of the first 5 cds I purchased was Journey's greatest hits.  

Just think we could have Motley Crue Atari games to be arguing over...  :ponder:  or maybe even Huey Lewis & the News they were pretty big for a minute..   :ponder:  Hall & Oates   :ponder:  Richard Marx  :ponder:    I'm getting :woozy:  

Honeslty I think Def Leppard's Hysteria was always a cool cover, that might of made for a cool videogame..  A little late for 2600 though..

Where's my John Cougar [Melencamp] 2600 game?!?!?!!!!

"Just a little ditty... about Jack and Dia-ane..."

nostalgia.

Journey, Rubik's Cube, Atari, The Dukes of Hazard, etc.

Now if someone will make a homebrew where you drive the General Lee while trying to solve a rubik's cube with Seperate Ways as the sound track, I would be in 80's heaven.

And then, maybe show the game off on an episode of Real People or That's Incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of times though you'd find that the more musically talented someone is.. the more tolerant they can be for all sorts of music. Or of course it can be just the opposite.

I mean they still have their standards on what is really great music and what qualifies as quality vs. pure trash. But I've found that their standards don't normally prevent them from finding the good even in the crappiest of audio experiences... Go figure :P

Journey was massive at the time, just freakin' huge. MTV played them every hour--Steve Perry perpetually sweating to death in concert, wearing a wretched lepoard print tank top--and radio stations fawned over them whenever their tours came to town. Given that they had such strong record sales, and the videogame industry was exploding at the time, I'm sure it made sense for everyone involved to get in bed together. Slap the band's name on a game, and open the bank vault for all that money that's gonna roll in.

I mean, lets face it, other than the opening screen with the scarab and the tune(s?), this could have been made for any band--yes, even ACDC, even though they weren't very popular then, partciularly compared to Journey (BTW, Back In Black has actually sold 20 million copies--Mutt Lange was given a double-diamond award from the RIAA last month).

Musically, they were professional lightweights, but that's fine. I've always been a power pop fan, and they straddle the line between pop and hard rock just fine. Their ballads have always uniformly sucked (Lights, Faithfully and, most egregiously, Open Arms), but Schon unquestionably has a unique, trademark sound (I mean, who hasn't heard Randy Newman's "I Love LA" and thought that Schon must have been brought in for the solo?). Video-wise, they never seemed to know the difference between cool (tour bus montage in "Open Arms") and lame (playing air instruments in "Separate Ways").

Oh, and I totally hate the game. Just my 2 cents.