IGNORED

Rare cartriges on E-Bay

hughjack

Hey everybody. Saw 2 items on the site that shocked me. Versions of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. in cartridge form. THe seller states that they are the Atari 8-bit computer versions altered to run on a 5200. My question is- does anyone know how this is possible? I remember the computer versions to be very good, but has anyone else been able to get ahold of these before?

Hey everybody. Saw 2 items on the site that shocked me. Versions of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. in cartridge form. THe seller states that they are the Atari 8-bit computer versions altered to run on a 5200. My question is- does anyone know how this is possible? I remember the computer versions to be very good, but has anyone else been able to get ahold of these before?

These were converted/ported by someone right here on Atari Age. Someone else here made them into cart form with nice labels, and someone else here has them included on a multicart. The games play very nice! :D

I own the games as well, they play great. Atari originally couldn't bring them out onto their 5200 because they only had the computer rights. This actually caused a huge issue between Atari and Nintendo as Atari's management was furious that Nintendo sold rights to Coleco on the Colecovision which was also the core of the ADAM, a computer system and of course they also sold a version of the ADAM where you just plugged the Colecovision into it and made it into a full computer system.

Curt

Yes, both games are great conversions and play great...tho DK Jr. is a little too fast with the controls....I had Albert here @ AA make mine for me. Not sure who is selling them on ebay (this week) but I'm sure Al can make them cheaper. Plus you'd be supporting Atari Age! ;)