IGNORED

What's the difference? Space Invaders Label Variation.

Red 5

I have all the Space Invaders label variations, but

I noticed a difference in the Atari Text Label version.

I have one with an * on the end label, and on the top label

it lists a trademark next to the asterisk. (Trademark of Taito America)

(This is the one shown on atariage's game list)

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?Sof...wareLabelID=462

The other one I have is just plain, with no asterisk. The top label does not list the trademark. Other than that, it is exactly the same as the one with the *.

I'm sure it's no big deal, but I was wondering the story behind it, or if one is more uncommon than the other.

Ok, I'd never been to atariguide.com before now... there's certainly a lot of info on label variations there.

Are there really people out there, though, willing to pay $22.35 for a very slightly odd silver label Space Invaders?

If there are, let me know so I can go dig through the stack of commons at the flea market again. :)

Go 4 it... but I doubt you will find any of the rarer ones. What price would you feel is reasonable for that cart :? I use formulas to determine the price, and protect my collection of unique carts :!: But I am always open to offers. Never been to AtariGuide? Did you know it is the most popular Atari site on the web :D

Go 4 it... but I doubt you will find any of the rarer ones. What price would you feel is reasonable for that cart  :?  I use formulas to determine the price, and protect my collection of unique carts  :!:

Interesting to know I've always :ponder: over your prices too. Damn mathematics! :x

But I am always open to offers. Never been to AtariGuide? Did you know it is the most popular Atari site on the web  :D

tsk tsk! ;)

What price would you feel is reasonable for that cart

I don't know, and I didn't mean to say that it was necessarily wrong... that's just the first time I've seen

that level of detail specified for label variations, and I'm curious as to whether there are other people

out there collecting them and who would put that kind of value on them,

since I haven't seen anyone specify some of those variations before.

If there is a market for that, I'd like to know about it so I'll pay more attention. :)

Content is King :!:

Were you talking about my site? 90% of the work on the site is funded by people buying stuff. The other 10% is my hobby of programming for it. I work in e-commerce, search engine optimization, and recently designed and wrote the core of a paid listing search engine. I use atariguide to experiment with web traffic patterns 8)

In case anyone out there has a clue, send a link to my spam farm :)

Open means the circuit board is exposed to the air and (the worst) dust. Sliding means the end has a cover, but you can push it with your finger (the best). Locking means the end has a cover, and you need to hit the tab in the hole to get it to open ( for those 70's moms that were scared about kids getting electrocuted from the carts, imho, lol ).