IGNORED

Need some advice concerning value...

dgo

I'm not sure about the value of the following games, perhaps someone can give me their 'taxation', I'd very much appreciate...

All are european releases, complete MIB:

Video Gems Steeple Chase

Activision River Raid II (white label)

and from Telegames:

Bogey Blaster(silver)

Astroblast(silver)

Kung Fu Superkicks (silver)

Bump 'n' Run (silver)

Video Gems Steeple Chase

:ponder: a lot.......

IM guessing could hit £100 sterling on a good day.... in fact if you want to sell it or trade it please pm me and I'll make you a very good offer on it.... ;)

The others arent anything special, difficult to value them as theyre not too rare, the activision river raid 2 if its not the HES version could do ok on ebay, maybe £20 or so, Im not sure ??

best to see what spirantho says, he knows a lot more than I do on pal values... :)

Si

First off, all except the Video Gems one are about 5 euro each, if you're fairly lucky. You can still get most of them new (seriously - Telegames still sell them). The River Raid 2 is indeed worth more unless it's in a plastic Australian case, which it probably is.

Video Gems Steeple Chase

:ponder: a lot.......

IM guessing could hit £100 sterling on a good day.... in fact if you want to sell it or trade it please pm me and I'll make you a very good offer on it.... ;)

Oh, it's worth about £10, so I'll offer you £15 and have done with it. Accept that? :)

Seriously, it's a very hard title to find - haven't seen it on eBay for years - and not at all to be confused with Steeple Chase, the Sears game.

If it is really MIB, then you're a lucky man. The last Video Gems CIB I saw went for £130 IIRC, and that was Missile Control, even without the little stickers. There was a sealed Surfer's Paradise in Australia at about the same time, but that went too high for me (given that I'd just forked out £130 on a Missile Control :) ) - I think it was about £160 but I'm not sure. Does yours have an instruction manual, BTW? We're not quite sure if all Video Gems games came with instructions booklets as they're printed on the box themselves. Any photos?

What I would do is stick it on eBay starting at a penny, and tell everyone. There's no way it'll go for less than £75 I'd imagine as long as people know about it, and I'd imagine you'd be looking at approximately £150 if it really is Mint in Box. Or you could just offer it in the marketplace like McGrail is doing with his Ultravision Karate at the moment, where you'll get less takers but less charges too. Then there's Bidiots.com which is like eBay but with more of a clue yet less sellers. I'd stick to eBay, me. You may get lucky and find 07pwb bidding....

No, wait, I'd sell it to me, that's a much better idea... though there's a few others on these boards who'd be happy to take it off your hands too!

Let us all know what you decide to do with it, but in the meantime any photos would be nice. :)

Thanks guys!

I already thought nothing much of the Telegames ones, so that's clear.

About Steeplechase: I knew this was a special one the moment I saw it lying around in a filthy box along with other 2600 games.. But as I'm not an active 2600 collector but try to focus on the two cats and the Vectrex (I just gathered the 2600 hw & the games I used to play as a kid) I really was in the dark about the real value. Now that I know, I'm not sure what I should do :ponder: Maybe this one belongs to go to a real collector ?

It does have a manual, and the stickers are still complete (4) and mint, as is the cart and manual. The only thing not mint is the back due to a large sticker from the reseller, maybe it's removable, but I'm not gonna try.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/steeplechase/

I included a pic of RRII as well

About Steeplechase: I knew this was a special one the moment I saw it lying around in a filthy box along with other 2600 games.. But as I'm not an active 2600 collector but try to focus on the two cats and the Vectrex  (I just gathered the 2600 hw & the games I used to play as a kid) I really was in the dark about the real value. Now that I know, I'm not sure what I should do :ponder: Maybe this one belongs to go to a real collector ?

Well the RRII does look like the Activision version, so may fetch £15-£20 on a good day.

As for the Steeplechase... that label on the back - it's not exactly subtle is it? That will reduce the value a fair amount.. but on the plus side it does have everything else.

I would stick it on eBay... I'd be surprised and happy if it gets you less than £100... surprised because I know of a few people who want this, and happy because if it went for less than £100 that meant that I won it. :)

Well the RRII does look like the Activision version, so may fetch £15-£20 on a good day.

As for the Steeplechase... that label on the back - it's not exactly subtle is it? That will reduce the value a fair amount.. but on the plus side it does have everything else.

Yeah, can you believe this ? I Remember buying some games from these guys and spending the afternoon peeling of those damn stickers

(And also NOT buying from them because of this.. :twisted:)

I haven't been brave enough trying to remove it, but maybe someone else will :P

I would stick it on eBay... I'd be surprised and happy if it gets you less than £100... surprised because I know of a few people who want this, and happy because if it went for less than £100 that meant that I won it. :)

:lolblue:

Hmmm, I wonder if my River Raid II is the white label version? I have the same box, but it's sealed, so I don't want to open it. Any way to tell on the outside of the box what version it is? :ponder:

I think River Raid II PAL is always a white label... but I could be wrong. I don't recall seeing it any other way... it's the box that differs.

Hmmm, I wonder if my River Raid II is the white label version? I have the same box, but it's sealed, so I don't want to open it. Any way to tell on the outside of the box what version it is? :ponder:

Check the UPC on the bottom, if it says "Made in W.-Germany" it most likely is PAL. Some PAL Activision titles actually say "Distributed by Salu Ltd." on the back side with the fine print. That would be a dead give away there, but not all are like that. The boxes for RRII are identical front & back besides for the barcode.