IGNORED

The future of Atari is now!

Rob Mitchell

Back in the 1970s I saw an acoustic modem for the first time. In 1982 I saw an all electronic modem for the first time.

If in 1982 you had told me that in 2002 I could download any Atari 2600 game or that people were programming new Atari games and I could play them on the actual console, well my mouth would have dropped!

Well now I have owned the original Cuttle Cart and now I own the Cuttle Cart 2 and I am still amazed that I can play all these old and new games on the original equipment! Thanks to Chad Schell!

Long live the Atari!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Back then, I would've thought that people in 2002 would be busy playing games on computers than on something like the 2600. Of course, back then I was busy dreaming of a game system that would bring arcade-quality gaming home, even to the point of where the just-emerging ColecoVision and Atari 5200 systems would be put to shame in that category.

Back then, I would've thought that people in 2002 would be busy playing games on computers than on something like the 2600.  

...or playing Activision games on your portable GameBoy.

...or playing Atari with your own CHILDREN!!!! :!:

I thought by now that we would have easy-to-use tools so that even semi-untalented, semi-brainless people could make their own games. The easiest thing right now is that Klick & Krap stuff, but even that stuff is more complicated than it should be and it doesn't even come with the good quality tools that Gary Kitchen's GameMaker came with back in the 1980s for the Commodore 64:

http://www.mts.net/~kbagnall/commodore/gam...maker/info.html

We can now use emulators to play Atari 2600 games on our computers and MAME to play original arcade games which is great, but there is still no easy way for the average person to make their own games. (When I say easy, I mean the tools make the game design process a joy. Totally intuitive and gives you everything you need to create the game from start to finish.)

Well now I have owned the original Cuttle Cart and now I own the Cuttle Cart 2 and I am still amazed that I can play all these old and new games on the original equipment!  Thanks to Chad Schell!

Let me second your appreciation to Chad: the CC opened several worlds to me as it allowed me to try basically all the games I wanted on an actual VCS and introduced me to 2600 programming...!

Regards!

Rasty.-