IGNORED

CCE carts

shining slade

Since they are mostly just Brazillian pirates, they tend to be NTSC and not very expensive. Most titles are around the $3-5 range, simply because there's very little demand for them. As to how "rare" they are, in my experience, I'd say they average in the 3-4 rarity range. There are a few CCE titles that aren't available in the US (Mr. Postman comes to mind), those are worth a little more.

Why? Got some you want to part with? :grin:

*********ing double post. That's what happens when you get lazy and use the back button.

Anyways, the rarity guide does have a CCE section, but if you don't change the region to ALL then it comes up empty.

they tend to be NTSC

PAL-M actually but they are pretty much completely compatible with NTSC televisions.

http://www.pangstudios.se/sidor/tv_standards.htm

Actually it's only the consoles that are PAL-M, the games are NTSC.

Mitch

:? I thought some on ran in B&W. What type of games are those? So there's a PAL, an NTSC, a SECAM, but no PAL-M I'm really confused..

CCE carts are not rare at all- in Brazil. Sure, you might have to wait a lifetime to find one here in the US. CCE, along with Polyvox and Dactar, is one of the largest producers of cartridges in Brazil during that country's piracy is legal and encouraged phase in the 1980s. A few titles are particularly unusual there, but 85% are readily available, including some cool odd titles like Stone Age, Fisher Price, and Snail and Squirrel. The Green and yellow labelled ones tend to be less common- offhand I think Pole Position is tough.

There are a number of label variations (numbers and colors) that are of minimal interest aside from idiots like me. Apparently these carts were produced over the course of 6-10 years, so just like Atari 1st party releases, there are variations.