IGNORED

vcs-style coleco gemini joystick?

orangest

picked up what would appear to be a standard-looking 2600 joystick for the coleco gemini system today. it has "Gemini" and "vg-170" molded on the joystick base. was this something that was available as an alternate to the gemini's stock combo controller perhaps? or something else entirely?

post-3233-1089943548_thumb.jpg

Gemini made tons of parts and accessories for Atari and other gaming systems. I believe they were a division of Recoton...their products were usually found in KMart stores.

I have a Gemini brand joystick ball thing that fits over the handle of a stock CX-40 joystick. Not very useful, but it was a cheap way to "enhance" your current controllers.

I have a Gemini brand joystick ball thing that fits over the handle of a stock CX-40 joystick.  Not very useful, but it was a cheap way to "enhance" your current controllers.

Heheh. I could just imagine/half-remember the hype for stuff like that... "turns your atari joystick into a REAL ARCADE CONTROLLER!!!!" Though it might make it more comfortable, at that.

It's still no Epyx 500XJ though :-)

I have a Gemini brand joystick ball thing that fits over the handle of a stock CX-40 joystick.  Not very useful, but it was a cheap way to "enhance" your current controllers.

Heheh. I could just imagine/half-remember the hype for stuff like that... "turns your atari joystick into a REAL ARCADE CONTROLLER!!!!" Though it might make it more comfortable, at that.

It's still no Epyx 500XJ though :-)

Hehe. I have a similar device for my standard NES controllers made by Bandai of all people! Little plastic cages wthat allowed you to screw in a variety of sticks to use as a mini-Vectrex type joystick. Cool concept, but didn't work well in reality though. :(

Here you go Orangest. It is not a rare controller, Gemini made many Atari 2600 and other system controllers. This is your controller in the box.

You can see this and many other Atari 2600 controllers at www.gamerzuniverse.net

:) 8) 8)

post-88-1090016213_thumb.jpg