IGNORED

How do you arrange you Atari Carts?

Kenwood

I have mine arranged by alphabetical order. And since I use my 7800 to play 2600 games, at present I'm intermixing my 2600 and 7800 carts (same size carts so for me, it's better). But I really don't have that large a collection, nor do I have fancy storage space, so right now the games are in two shoe boxes in my closet (labeled A-K and K-Z). I have two dupes, Night Driver and Combat, and I have those on my bookshelf basically as bookends. :D

I have my duplicates seperate form the rest then by company-alphabeticly IF the carts are strande or have unique labels.

Then my favortes are all in one place for easy access. (picts in the "show me a pict of your collection" thread)

I file them alphabetically accoring to the game title. I kept them stored in the IRIS cabinet that was mentioned in the HOW TO section of Atariage (Was lucky to find the exact model at a local office super store. Got the last one that they had of that model).

Do baseball card boxes work well as storage bins for Atari games? In other words... do the Atari games fit in there? I thought about getting the big 5000 count box that they sell.

If no one here knows I'll check the next time I go into Vintage Stock. I'll use their Atari carts and boxes for our testing purposes....

I put them in the interlocking cartidge holders. Like most I separate by company and then alphabetize by title. For boxed games I usually take out the cart and put it with my other loose games and keep the boxes elsewhere.

My duplicates just go in a milk crate in the closet. Label variations go in another milk crate.

Well, do you remember those old audiotapeboxes, where you can put a bunch of tapes in, while they're in their small box (does anybody know what I mean...???)?

I have wooden ones, and I pull the bottom out, nail it back on again, because I have 1 cm space more......

Then my cartridges fit in perfectly.

I make a pic, and post it here.

Maybe a good idea, because nobody wants these rubbish anymore.

Good question!

Boxed games: By company, then by serial number in the company (2601, 2602, etc).

Loose: Alphabetically by company, no real order to what drawer the company goes in (save that Atari has pic and text label games separate).

For other systems, its much less organized. 3D0 is literally wherever I could get the to go, but Intellivision boxes are grouped by color.

Cassidy

• 3 weeks later...