IGNORED

The white/blue label re-releases

Lord-Chaos

Does anyone know how many games were re-released as white/blue-label version and by which companies?

Most of the games I have as "white label" (PAL) are by Activision, made by SALU plus some Imagic games in one-colored box (blue, gree,yellow boxes instead of the silvery ones).

I have Beamrider, Private Eye, Seaquest, Double Dragon, River Raid 2, Pitfall, Frostbite,Commando,Kung Fu Master, Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2, Rampage, H.E.R.O.,Keystone Kapers, Tennis as white label/Activision.

Quickstep,Moonsweeper, Laser Gates as white label/Imagic.

Smurf,Zaxxon,Roc n Rope, Solar Fox by CBS with black an white label, seem to be re-relases of the original versions (they had color-labels).

F14 Tomcat and Title Match Pro Wrestling as white label/Absolute.

I've seen more on ebay, I know that Wing War exists as white label and Star Voyager, too, probably all the other imagic games and several Activision games, too.

There are 2 different cart variations : The "SALU" carts are lighter and use ROMs, but are a little bit too large for some older 2600 units.

Other carts seem to be the size of Activision carts.

Does anyone know more about the "white label/blue label" games, were they PAL only or also released as NTSC versions?

Anyone knows what "SALU" was (they re-released the games in Europe) and if they still exist (maybe a source of games there?).

Thimo