IGNORED

5200jr ??

adam holm

I recently purchased what looks to be a 5200jr. I have never seen one so I only can assume that it is one (based off of images ie,Atarimuseum) There are no markings anywhere on the case or the metal strip in the front. It is completely black with two ports. I hooked it all up and it plays 5200 carts no problem. This system also came with a soccer loaner cart and a chip marked GALAX. I haven't opened the case and would like to avoid it if it can be identified.

Sorry about the giant pictures here are some bite size images along with the two 5200 games that came with it. I got a few 2600 boxed mythicon games, a set of wireless controllers and about a dozen other good carts, most boxed. I had never seen a 5200jr so I bought the whole lot for $40. Check out the garage sales San Rafael Ca.

post-5483-1090214546_thumb.jpg

post-5483-1090214547_thumb.jpg

post-5483-1090214548_thumb.jpg

WOW! How come I never find anything like that? I'm in the wrong state... :(

Congratulations on your find, that is definetly an ultra rare piece of hardware you have there!

How many 5200jr's have been found to date? I've personally seen at least 3 different ones.

Tempest

Wow, definitely the real thing, can't mistake that Atari case styling. Congratulations, you have one of the few Atari 5200 systems that isn't as big as a house. :-)

I'd like to see what a 2600 adapter looks like on one of those things. It doesn't look so big on a regular 5200, but it's gotta be half as big as this one.

P.S. A mod needs to go and delete all those double posts. Especially the first one.

How many 5200jr's have been found to date?  I've personally seen at least 3 different ones.  

Tempest

Man, I guess nobody reads my posts. :P

I think this is the fifth one found.

Curt, Steve, John and myself are the other four owners.

I'm still not sure if Brad over at Best Electronics has one as well or not.

Mitch

Of the five' date=' how many have the casing and how many are the boards?Anyone know how many were made as prototypes or how close it was to being actually released? This one looks to be in really nice shape.[/quote']

From what I remember when this was discussed in the past, there were 20 originally made but many of them were destroyed by Atari.

Of the five, mine is the only loose board.

Curt and Steve have a complete unit with the metal name strip.

John and now Adam have complete units minus the metal name strip.

The protos seem to be finished and completely playable, the 2600 adapter does not work with it.

Mitch

• 3 weeks later...