IGNORED

Joystick extention cord?

AtariLeaf

Everytime I pick up stuff from one of my local thrifts, I invariably get some extra "junk" in every deal just because its in a box or sitting around on their back work bench and they want to get rid of it. Anyway, I always put this "junk" in a box or two in my basement. I went through it today and found what looks like an extention cord for any standard 9 pin joystick. It works fine but I've never heard of it before. Rare? :ponder:

I have a 9-pin y cord. I can't think of any reason to have 2 joysticks plugged into 1 port' date=' but I have the cord.[/quote']

That would be for the 2600 variants that use the joysticks with built-in paddles, allowing four player paddle games....

Warlords :D Anyways, yea, they're pretty common, you can even go to a computer shop and get a 9 pin serial extention. I myself don't need it because my current joystick right now uses old Genesis cords, and its a dual atari 2600 joystick. I'll take pics later if you guys want.

Gah no edit button... Its not truely dual joystick, its a 8 button PSX arcade joystick and having 4 buttons as directional buttons, same type of layout as the arrow keys on the keyboard, but on the joystick. Really useful with games like Stargate.

I have a 9-pin y cord. I can't think of any reason to have 2 joysticks plugged into 1 port' date=' but I have the cord.[/quote']

It is an adapter for the Texas Instruments to have two Atari style controllers hooked up to the system. Factory TI sticks are hooked up together like the Atari Paddles.

The Y cord can be used for:

Short extension cord for Vectrex.

Driving Controller and Starpex Controller plugged in at same time for Tempest games.

Other custom controller setups with various circuit adapters.

Extension cables are great to keep from wearing out your controller port with plugging / unplugging.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA