IGNORED

Something neat to pass along about Jr Pac-Man

bcprs1

I was at VCF 2.0 in Burlington, MA last friday and met Steve Golson. Steve Golson was part of the original design team at General Computer (the company that designed the 7800). As I was talking with him, I started playing Jr Pac-Man on a 7800 they had set up. Steve mentioned that the way Jr "disappears" used to be different. Now when you get killed, Jr disappears leaving only the beanie hat. When the developers first made the game, they originially had the propeller keep spinning and chop up Junior into little bloody pieces. As you can guess, this was changed for the final release, but just a great example of developer's weird sense of humor.

Tha's very interesting...I went to the VCF on Friday too. Were you the one that bought all the C64 games? ;)

No, I was the guy who bought all the 7800 boxed games :D. I didn't need them all of them, but I couldn't pass up the $5 each price. I have already used some in a trade to get a Starpath Frogger.

Oh' date=' you were that guy! I saw you bcspr1. If you saw a kid in a black Atari shirt by the 7800 game sfor sale, that was me. I ended up buying Ms. Pacman and One-on-One Basketball.[/quote']

I think so. Were you with your parents and your brother?

I've never heard of this game show' date=' is it big and was there a lot of Atari items for sale?

:ponder: :?: :?:[/quote']

It is not big and there wasn't much for sale. They had one small "white elephant" table that had a few things. I was just lucky to get there when the show opened to grab the few 7800 carts.