IGNORED

atari 2600 siting on "three's company" episode!

brett6400

Actually, she was wearing the pantyhose before she got the L'eggs contract in 1979. According to Come and Knock on Our Door Joyce was wearing the pantyhose because she, "felt more together with panty hose on."(p.134) (Whatever that means.)

Maybe she was trying to get that L'eggs contract?

The oldest tv-Atari reference I can remember is a Pong sketch from the first episode of SNL. The screen just showed the game while Franken&Davis mouthed off at each other.

That's a fantastic page.

I can confirm that the game in Spinal Tap is NOT Missile Command. It's a knockoff being played on a TI-994A. You can see the actor actually operating the game on the computer's keyboard. I played the game myself back then, it used submarines instead of missile bases.

Computer Space machines have appeared in a few movies if you're interested in those.

Thanks. Now I gotta update the Atari on TV page!

I can confirm that the game in Spinal Tap is NOT Missile Command. It's a knockoff being played on a TI-994A. You can see the actor actually operating the game on the computer's keyboard. I played the game myself back then, it used submarines instead of missile bases.

So there's no MC arcade in the back of the bus at all? Ok.

Computer Space machines have appeared in a few movies if you're interested in those.

Soylent Green I know. Isn't there one in Logan's Run too? Dunno if CS qualifies as an "Atari" game though. Nutting Associates ya know. ;)

You cannot see it from the posted pic, but IIRC, Jack was holding the joystick with the red button at the bottom. So he was playing with his controls upside-down. Talk about being a gentleman and giving Janet a spot. :ponder: I'm remembering this all the way from the original air-ing of the show. I was so excited to see the Atari then!

While we're on the topic, does anyone remember the title of the episode where Chrissy (I think) asks Jack if he wants to make a wish, and he yells "NO!" I remember that episode vaguely, but I remember cracking up at it.

That was the 2nd season episode called "Alone Together." It starts with this bit about Jack getting into this yoga position he can't get out of. When the girls help him stretch his legs, Janet says, "You wanna make a wish?" Jack sceams, "No!" and falls on the floor.

Thanks for the info. Don't suppose you know where I can find more information on that episode?

• 2 weeks later...

ive also seen atari 2600 being played by meatad on aqua teen hunger force many times or else its just sitting on or by the tv. just the other night i saw a guy on sealab 2021 playing one too. both of those shows air on cartoon network for those of you who dont know. i know its not quite the same since its animated, but its still atari! ;)