IGNORED

A shout out for the lesser known (played) games!

elviticus

Just wondering : what less common games are you playing recently, and what do you think makes them fun? Sometimes a new perspective on a game you might be neglecting can breathe new life into it (I think!).

3 games I've been playing:

Entombed: Crude, yes, but seemingly endless variety of mazes and frantic all out running in the later stages really make it fun,,, Also, the two player game adds a whole new element!!

Stuntman: I might be crazy with this one, but it's got a kind of Donkey Kong Jr. feel that's pretty cool. Also, there's different stuff to do on each stage (at least the 1st 3 that I can get throgh :) ) Awful out of tune music really cracks me up!

Saboteur: Not really uncommon since you can buy it easily at the Atariage store - but what a GREAT game!!!!! I'm really shocked at how good it is. It's like finding out your favorite disbanded band had one more secret album of great songs. :love:

Allright, anyone else?

Tunnel Runner is still my all time favorite 2600 game.

When I was a kid, I played non stop.

I still love it to this day.

I have just recently got into Secret Quest which I never had as a kid but

love it now.

Also, along the lines of Tunnel Runner, 'Escape from the Mindmaster' is one that I have just recently fell in love with. Never had a SuperCharger as a kid, but love it now.

Dragonstomper too !

Tunnel Runner is still my all time favorite 2600 game.

Yep' date=' it's always good to freak people out with that one, with the graphics and all that are actually running on an Atari! (pardon the pun)

Also, along the lines of Tunnel Runner, 'Escape from the Mindmaster' is one that I have just recently fell in love with. Never had a SuperCharger as a kid, but love it now.

Yeah, I just got that last year as well, even though I got my Supercharger in '85 or something. The only game I had for years and years was the game that came with it (Phaser Patrol). Got hooked on MindMaster and Commie Mutants in the last year though, when I was able to acquire them.

H. E. R. O. also wasn't a huge smash, but a huge game. Recently got into Frostbite last year as well, I don't think that was very big but I could be wrong.

I know I'm forgetting something...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPIDER FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my friends whom play atari will not even think of playing this game!

i love this game' date=' its so addictive and so tuff![/quote']

Yeah! Spider Fighter is one of the greats, but what else would you expect from Activision? And, the earlier comment about Beamrider was right on target, too.

on Tunnel Runner:

Yep, it's always good to freak people out with that one, with the graphics and all that are actually running on an Atari! (pardon the pun)

And don't forget the music.

Getting louder when the zots get close to you.

...bumm bum bum bum bumm bum bum bumm...

Evil 3D Pac-Men hunting you down.

Kool Aid Man. Oh yeahhhh!

I played Chase the Chuckwagon for the first time last week when I got my CUttle up and running. I was hoping that it would become a favorite since it's so notorious, but it's pretty flawed in its execution. Tooth Protectors has similar problems, though it's pretty cute nonetheless...

Oink is also a big favorite around here.

I love Pressure Cooker! It's gotta be about the least talked about Activision game, but it is truly a classic.

I also love Squeeze Box. There's so much U.S. Games bashing on here that people forget that they actually had some good games.

Another vote for Tunnel Runner -- definitely one of my all-time favourites. Montezuma's Revenge is also up near the top for me, though I've still yet to score a copy.

Slightly OT, on the other hand, I'd love to get myself the Dina 2-in-1. I tried winning one a month or two back but got outbid. :-(