IGNORED

Can someone please post a screenshot of Nuts by Technovision

CPUWIZ

Since we are talking about TechnoVision games now, and maybe Spirantho knows this one, why does my Save our Ship rolls on my PAL setup :? :?

Could I have the only NTSC SoS cart ever made :?: 8).....because as to my knowledge the were PAL exclusive. Even then it would not make a lot of sense because I can play 99% of all NTSC titles on my setup.

The Save our Ship ROM I have has 265 lines - a little more than NTSC. Of course I don't know where that ROM came from! I do, however, know that most of my 'TV's really don't like SoS..... they usually come out in Black and White.. at best.

Certainly it's quite normal for it to roll... can someone dump an original Technovision cart so we know exactly how many lines its displaying? The I can come up with is it was written for NTSC originally, and then the colours were changed for PAL, but not the scanrate. Naughty, naughty...!

Could I have the only NTSC SoS cart ever made  :?:  8).....because as to my knowledge the were PAL exclusive.

Does it show colors?

I have three dumps of SoS. They display 290, 280 and 265 lines (PAL: 312, NTSC: 262) and probably there exist version with different scanlines too. Maybe your version displays even less lines than NTSC standard.

Could I have the only NTSC SoS cart ever made  :?:  8).....because as to my knowledge the were PAL exclusive.

Does it show colors?

I have three dumps of SoS. They display 290, 280 and 265 lines (PAL: 312, NTSC: 262) and probably there exist version with different scanlines too. Maybe your version displays even less lines than NTSC standard.

Yes it does, but it is getting more complicated by the minute. It appears that I now have two types of rolling, a slow and a fast one.

I tried to photo it (pretty hard with moving screens). As you can see on the fast rolling picture, the screen is much more blurry than the slow one while keeping everything still.

post-5440-1090957336_thumb.jpg

post-5440-1090957337_thumb.jpg

post-5440-1090957338_thumb.jpg

I'm in PAL territory and my Nuts cart rolls on my screen! :sad: So I haven't been able to play the game yet... I don't do emulation either. The other Technovision carts work great. The colors are different than that screenshot posted here though. The screenshot has inverted colors (the trees are actually green) probably because of some conversion to NTSC or something.

Hey, that look exactly like my Sony KV-X2901D, which is pretty sentive to wrong scanlines when not feeded via SCART.

Problem solved! I tested the game on my TV in the living room and it works without a glitch. Also tested a few NTSC games that rolled and they work perfectly now on the other TV.

Didn't want to test on the other TV as it's a bit tedious to hook it up there but glad I did.

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys :thumbsup: