IGNORED

Six pack and 9 to 5?

Spirantho

Hi everybody...

just got another load of Atari-related stuff in the post (yay! Finally completed my Sega collection with Up'n'Down! :) ), and some of what I got were instruction manuals for Deadly Duck and Fast Eddie.

At the end of the booklets, it says:

"Soon to be released by Fox Video Games:

SIX PACK -- Fast Lane Fun!

9 TO 5 -- Take this game and play it!"

To what are these quotes referring? Thanks for anyone satiating my curiosity.. :)

Those are referring to a shitty Kenny Rogers racing movie and a mediocre feminist office fantasy movie released by Fox. I've never heard anyone claim that the games were ever started. Sega (owned by Paramount Pictures at the time) also announced several movie-based vaporware titles. I think the overwhelming failure of ET killed game-movie tie ins for a long while

From: http://www.atarimagazines.com/creative/v9n...nsumer_Elec.php

Inside the convention center, the Fox "booth' was a replica of "The Swamp.' In addition to the M*A*S*H game, they showd nine other new games including The Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes, 9 to 5 (a secretary-boss shoot-out), Meltdown, Flash Gordon and The Crypts of Chaos, a fantasy role-playing game.

It does depend on your definition of the word 'showed' but it seems they had at least some kind of demo version...

Cheers,

Raymond

Mattel also announced several children's games (ages 4 to 9) for the VCS. These include Scooby Doo, Masters of the Universe, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Kool-Aid.

Hmm.. I've seen a screenshot of Rocky & Billwinkle but this is the first I've heard of Scooby Doo. Anybody have any more info on that one?

I was going to pull up some info from the Blue Sky Rangers site about all the money Mattel wasted on licenses like the Jetsons and Scooby Doo, but apparently they've taken down the information for any game that's not being sold right now.

Either I can't find the page for some reason, or we just lost a big part of our historical resources.

"Soon to be released by Fox Video Games:

SIX PACK -- Fast Lane Fun!

9 TO 5 -- Take this game and play it!"

To what are these quotes referring? Thanks for anyone satiating my curiosity.. :)

I think we should ask Bushie2600 ;)

Regards!

Rasty.-

Six Pack could have been any standard racing game. I'm sure a big graphic of Kenny Rogers on the cover would have sold copies. The movie was a box office flop, but then so was Megaforce.

I just don't see why they would have wanted to make a game based on 9 To 5. To tap into that lucrative secretary gaming market?