IGNORED

totally fraudulent Atari Pac Man ad!

Joey Kay

Yeah...wow...they look like they're having so much fun, it's making me retroactively have enjoyed it!

Seriously, a lot of old ads showed "look how much fun these people re having!" but I think by showing scenes where the guy reacts to getting killed or whatever, it feels kind of real...

Anyway, I still think it was a fun game, just a stinker in the graphics and sound and authenticity departments.

There was another thread where they were having an disagreement about the ghosts being different colors. If you watch and pause the commercial, you can clearly see the ghost are different colors. Watch right before they show pac-man getting killed.

Did anyone view the other comercials on the site?? It's pretty cool to be able to view them. I honestly don't remember any of them, well execpt for thet one for E.T.!!! Can anyone verify if the girl in the American ads entitled "Everything I/Paul" is Elizabeth Shue, and the little girl in the Family ads entitled "Grandpa" is Alyssa Milano?? The look like them to me and their ages would be appropriate for the times.

- Sal

LOL that Pac-MAn advert is sooo funny (In a weird kind of way).

Imagine watching the advert and noticing when you get it home that the sounds

are nothing like whats advertised on the TV. :|

And whats the betting some people actually thought that the song played

throughout the game. :ponder:

Did anyone view the other comercials on the site??  It's pretty cool to be able to view them.  I honestly don't remember any of them, well execpt for thet one for E.T.!!! Can anyone verify if the girl in the American ads entitled "Everything I/Paul" is Elizabeth Shue, and the little girl in the Family ads entitled "Grandpa" is Alyssa Milano??  The look like them to me and their ages would be appropriate for the times.

- Sal

That IS Elizabeth Shoe.

I don't think that was Alyssa Milano, it just doesn't look like her that much. Especially just seeing her in Commando a couple days ago and that was before or just when she started Who's The Boss.

Holy crap like folks wern't going to be disappointed enough as it was they had to show them playing the game with authentic sounds!

Reminds me of the old Coleco tabletop box for Donkey Kong I saw in a Sears catalog. Had the mini table top unit pictured with an actual screen from DK on the screen. I thought "Holy crap Thats awesome!" then I saw the actual game screen.

In that Italian commercial the dude was pushing that joystick to the limit, looked like he was going to rip the stick out of the controller...

Hmm yes most in fact it looks like all of the people from the spots from back then use the controllers in awkward ways. Maybe it was the first time in their life that they tried one! :)

Regards!

Rasty.-

Can anyone figure out the words in the "only one atari" jingle? Most of the song I can understand, but there is one line at the beginning and repeated in the middle that I can't make out.

Hey (blank, blank, blank, blank) your favorite game. I've got invaders in my sites and I'm taking aim. Some you win and some you lose. Move on over dad, I want to play Atari too. Oh....Hey (blank, blank, blank, blank) your favorite game. There's only one name. Atari....atari......

Yar's Revenge song:

Your a fly named Yar

on a quest in space

You attack the shield

of the Quotile's face

But watch out Yar !

He KNOOOWWWS WHERE YOU ARE

YAR'S REVENGE

blah blah blah!

Have you played atari today !

BEST SONG EVER ! ! ! ! ! !

Thanks for pointing out this site, Joey!

I'm having a blast checking out all the Atari commercials! :D

No problemo... I just stumbled across the site last week - it's a blast!

That creepy Italian Pac Man ad where the kids are dancing around gives me the heeby jeebies!

Best

Joey

That creepy Italian Pac Man ad where the kids are dancing around gives me the heeby jeebies!

I was probably a creepy kid but at least I don't remember ever dancing around in front of videogames :D

Regards!

Rasty.-