IGNORED

What is a white Sears Tele-games system worth?

64squares

I don't collect Intellivision.  :ponder:  :P

Its not Intellivision, Sears published the 2600 in different casing and name

and even made two of thier own games, the rest are just copies of Atari's

own games.

So in effect Sears games will work on a 2600 and vice-versa! ;)

As for a white one, I did not even know they existed maybe someone else knows? :?

The guy I'm trying to arrange the trade says that a relative won it in a sweepstakes contest in 81 or 82. It's definitely NOT an Intelivision. I will post pictures if the deal goes through. Anyone know if it was sold in stores? Are we talking a 10 here? I can't find anything on it.

The guy I'm trying to arrange the trade says that a relative won it in a sweepstakes contest in 81 or 82.  It's definitely NOT an Intelivision.  I will post pictures if the deal goes through.  Anyone know if it was sold in stores?  Are we talking a 10 here?  I can't find anything on it.

Actually to be honest, I think were talking about an undiscovered model here! ;)

Fingers crossed! 8)

Are you sure it's an Atari model? Sears made a Super Video Arcade, which was a cream-white coloured rebranded Intellivision. It had rounded edges and the controller slots were side-by-side in the ceter of the console (rather than at each side like a traditional Intellivision). Sears' own 2600 models fairly closely matched Atari's own model for model, with the exception that they never released a Vader model (that I know of), and they were the only ones to release the Atari 2800 (rebranded the Video Arcade II) in North America. (Atari themselves only released it in Japan)

Well it sure as hell looks real -- either that or it's one good Photoshop. (There's no way anyone could mask off the lettering on the bezel that accurately to spray paint it; and even in Photoshop you'd have to mask off the speaker grilles before adjusting the colours or they too, being black like the shell, would turn white and look solid)

Well it sure as hell looks real -- either that or it's one good Photoshop.  (There's no way anyone could mask off the lettering on the bezel that accurately to spray paint it; and even in Photoshop you'd have to mask off the speaker grilles before adjusting the colours or they too, being black like the shell, would turn white and look solid)

We've had Darth Vader models for years, but only now a stormtrooper model? I don't think so... The one in the eBay auction is clearly fake. Look at the black trim around the switch area - you can see places where the white paint has been smeared onto it. The switch areas of the Sears units are silver anyway. As for the speaker grilles, spray paint could easily paint that area without clogging the holes. Also, the woodgrain is uncovered on the top of the front piece. I'm going to contact the winner of this auction and see if he'll trade his new console for a nice bridge I happen to own... :D

Those "smears" (assuming you're talking about the bottom right portion of the trim) look more like light reflections, since there's black above and below, and it's hard to smear just the middle of such a small area. There _does_ appear to be some bleeding of the white up the sides of the trim, though, but it's hard to tell with a low res pic. I'll admit though that the mere fact that it's shiny is suspect -- it's matte plastic and generally doesn't reflect light very well. That looks more like acryllic paint. The panel looks awfully white, though; I have a Sears, and though it's certainly silver even it doesn't usually reflect as that white.

Well, hopefully I'll get outbid, or he'll kill it 'cos I'm not in the US. Otherwise I'll just retract my bid for item misrepresentation.

:lol:

Well I think it'd be alot easier to see if the seller had posted hi-res pics. The second one's only 17K his old type writer has better pics than the Atari.

It's definitely been took apart & painted or dyed. He may of photoshoped the pics later, but it was white when he took the shots. Maybe the uncle won the AAtari in an old colorconsole contest... :ponder: :P

It's definitely been took apart & painted or dyed. He may of photoshoped the pics later, but it was white when he took the shots.  Maybe the uncle won the AAtari in an old colorconsole contest...  :ponder:  :P

Sure about that?

Here's my ultra-rare pink Tele system :P

:ponder:

post-2394-1091383055_thumb.jpg

Those "smears" (assuming you're talking about the bottom right portion of the trim) look more like light reflections, since there's black above and below, and it's hard to smear just the middle of such a small area.  There _does_ appear to be some bleeding of the white up the sides of the trim, though, but it's hard to tell with a low res pic.  I'll admit though that the mere fact that it's shiny is suspect -- it's matte plastic and generally doesn't reflect light very well.  That looks more like acryllic paint.  The panel looks awfully white, though; I have a Sears, and though it's certainly silver even it doesn't usually reflect as that white.

Well, hopefully I'll get outbid, or he'll kill it 'cos I'm not in the US.  Otherwise I'll just retract my bid for item misrepresentation.

After closer inspection of my sears console, there is actually a thin amount of silver paint on the edge where these so-called "smears" are.

Maybe it is a fake, look at the picture of the bottom closely, notice anything missing? The two screws with washers are gone.

Also, it is possible to pop the front panel "bezel" out of the main casing.

Even if it is fake, it would still be interesting to take a backup system and paint it just for the hell of it.

That is, as long as you don't try to sell it as something special.

It appears that the seller is not as clueless as he appears. :ponder:

I decided not to go ahead with the trade because I couldn't find anything on it so there's no way for me to authenticate it. The fact that there does seem to be two screws missing from the bottom concerns me, and I think it would be possible to make one of these up. If it is a fake, the buyer is definitely not going to be happy as it's already up to $170, but on the other had if it is real then it's probably a good deal as it may be one of a kind.

Actually, I hesitate to suggest that it's real.

The serial number sticker on the bottom is intact- was it cleanly removed and reapplied?

The control panel lettering is also curious- did he repaint each word in black? Isn't it normally white on black, not white on black?

And then the green telegames lettering is preserved?

I'm certain that the folks that thing that this is real aren't saying a word. They don't want to encourage any bids.

What I consider suspicious is that the RF cable looks to have been reveresed- doesn't the internal jack have that stunted look, whereas the external jack look more beefy and black for folks hands?