IGNORED

Back 2 Life 2 demo sources

Jaskier

emkay: G2F has been used in all the graphics. And there is no Z-buffer used in demo  :D

Hey... you are just rotating two objects in depth... so how would you call the technique to draw one object in front of the other one?

Hm... the only way Not to call it a Z-Buffer-type, is when it is a pre-painted animation.... is it?

You can only use z-buffer with filled vectors. The rear figures are covered by the front.

I'm just painting exactly what you can see on the screen. I'm calculating the intersection points of front and read figures and the rear figure is draw only to these intersection points.

You can only use z-buffer with filled vectors. The rear figures are covered by the front.

I'm just painting exactly what you can see on the screen. I'm calculating the intersection points of front and read figures and the rear figure is draw only to these intersection points.

What you are explaining is to me the simplified form of Z-Buffer with integrated Occlusion culling ;)

What you are explaining is to me the simplified form of Z-Buffer with integrated Occlusion culling  ;)

Occlusion culling: yes, z-buffer: no (because there is no such a buffer in demo :) ). An I would'n say it is simplified form. It is much easier to make filled vectors with z-buffer (or simply z-sorting). This is almost the same like normal filled vectors.

Details about party? Well, it was simply great. It is hard to say (especially with my poor english). On http://ftp.atari.art.pl/stuff/photos_and_v...hoto-Quast_2004

you can find some photos. There will be more photos soon I hope.

ftp://ftp.atari.art.pl/stuff/parties/QuaS...eta2004,Poland/

the zelax "back2life" demo is good as well... the 3d engine is quite good... 1st time with shadows on the wall... hehehe... and 1st time no "duck" but other nice 3d objects... (but you have the "usual" ones as well... like texture cube, tori etc...)

another interesting thing is that it uses very old & slow displaylist code... not even the "advanced hard" technique or the new TQA's fastmode9...

but good anyway. good to see people coming back even after 10 years of silence... seems that i'll have to release stuff soon.......

Sheddy: my main idea was to show that you can make demo without GTIA modes. Good to know that anyone can admit it :)

emkay: Reditus was of course first :) 2nd was demo from New Generation group and the 3rd was fake demo from Tristesse.

To all:

I've also decided to publish PC version of some B2L2 effects. It is easier to understand the algorithm this way (C++ is easier than assembler).

http://jaskier.atari8.info/menu3/B2L2/B2L2onPC.zip

8) Great stuff.

Can we see the demo from New Generation group and the fake demo from Tristesse? They weren't on the ftp site ftp://ftp.atari.art.pl/stuff/parties/QuaS...eta2004,Poland/

Great to hear softsynth tracks in the new demos :) and with other stuff happening not just with Antic switched off! The lower end sounds on the softsynth routine sounds really great. Does this routine work on the real hardware now?

Jaskier I've also decided to publish PC version of some B2L2 effects. It is easier to understand the algorithm this way (C++ is easier than assembler).  

http://jaskier.atari8.info/menu3/B2L2/B2L2onPC.zip

:) Thanks for sharing. It always helps to learn from each other.

Great to hear softsynth tracks in the new demos :) and with other stuff happening not just with Antic switched off! The lower end sounds on the softsynth routine sounds really great. Does this routine work on the real hardware now?

did you mean REDITUS' endpart? Well, it definitely works perfect on real hardware - this demo, which I took part in, were tested on real hardware before releasing it - it's still a MUST ! :)

How did you like G2F's pix from REDITUS (opening picture with a monk that holds small atari) and BACK TO LIFE ???

Just to add, the winning picture from Atari 8-bit gfx compo was also done with using G2F ! Its authors were me and Vidol. And it's here. G2F's source from it is here.

Dracon How did you like G2F's pix from REDITUS (opening picture with a monk that holds small atari) and BACK TO LIFE
Hi Dracon, Really loved the new graphics, Back 2 Life title screen and the end picture are particularly good. Great use of colour, very creative. It's good to see some original new styles of art on the Atari.

if you have a look into the g2f.atari8.info gallery you see more and more unique gfx popping up not just c64 conversions... and they are looking good... i guess that more and more stuff will appear in games etc...

thanks to tebe & emkay making g2f possible (and to DRC for translating) and all gfx guys using it...

ps. emkay but you should leave music... ;)