IGNORED

Would you open it?

Zeus

I just bought a BMX Airmaster (TNT) that is sealed in the box. I heard this is a really fun game. I want to open it to play, but then again, maybe I shouldn't. At rarity 6 it is the rarest NIB game that I have, but damn I've heard so many good things about it. So, what should I do? Have any of you ever opened a 6 before? Is this game good enough to break the seal? Sealed boxes are neat and all, but I really like the gaming aspect of this hobby. I am at a loss. Any advice/anecdotes/stories are appreciated.

I almost had that predicament once...with a sealed Virtual Baseball for the Virtual Boy...but in my case, I talked the seller down and got 2 of them so i could open one. But now I face another ordeal with a sealed POW for NES...I want to open it up to see the instructions and have that nice, new cart, and have everything nice...it's sitting on my shelf tempting me...but I do have another copy now...

In your situation, I would wait out for another copy...or, if you really want, open it. If I ever come across a game that I would love to play, but it was factory sealed, knowing me, I would flip a coin..but that's not the best way. If you feel as though you'll come across another one, go for it! If not...think about it, and in if you were me, I probably would open it eventually..

I would not open it! The only time i have removed the shrink-wrap from some of my Atari 2600 games is because the shrinkwrap was starting to crush my boxes. I would trade with CPUWIZ if you want to play it so badly. I bought a sealed copy of BMX Airmaster from TNT, but I removed had to remove the wrap also, but does that make my game any less valuable?

:!: :idea: :?

I have this dilemma on a daily basis when I look at the few sealed games in my collection.. I think if the gameplay premits I'd open. I'd definitely open that one if I had bought it... But Math Gran Prix, the Mythicon titles, sports titles, things like that I leave sealed. I'm itching to crack the seal on my Double Dunk though!

okay i just playd it on my emulator today holy hell that is probably on eof the funnest games i have ever played. If you do not have this one definatley get it. I have it sealed also but i do not open my sealed games, and Sorry CPU i am not wiiling to trade it i like it sealed.

RD

I would open/trade it..... Unless you're planning to sell it sometime in the future - why not? It's no fun sitting there sealed - and a LOT of fun to play - moreso than on your PC (in my opinion). I love to get a sealed game (tho I won't pay a LOT extra to get one) so I have a pristene label/instructions/box etc. .. but I always open them.

I was told it was NTSC, and I bought it from an American seller, so I don't think it would be pal. It was the Huffy mountain bike contest as well. As I said before, it shall remain a virgin, as I cannot possibly break the seal. If anyone has any juicy trades I am all ears, but it has to be good.

I'll probably get flamed, but you have the TNT version not the Atari version, so I don't think there's a Red/White label issue. I opened mine, but I got it boxed for about $12 a year or so ago. Bottom line, if you're willing to shell out for an additional loose copy, then go for it--it's a great game. If you don't want to shell out for another one, then bust 'er open.

Clive