IGNORED

Would you open it?

Zeus

ah, this old discussion.. the one that never goes away. :)

I open my games, but just very carefully around the top end. That way the cellophane has a bit of room to contract without crushing the box, but it still looks sealed. You can still get to the contents to appreciate the insides.

If you leave the box sealed, you're collecting a box. If you open, you're someone who likes to enjoy the game more than the feeling of owning the game.

Of course there's also the fact that there might be a combat cart in there if the seller ripped you off. :)

Maybe I should go home and play my BMX Airmaster.. not played it yet. Of course mine's the Atari red label[1]....

[1] Wish it wasn't PAL though.... :)

I would definitely leave it unopened. If you really want to play the game that bad, then I'm sure you'd be able to find a loose cart on ebay or where ever a lot faster than you'd be able to find another sealed game.

As for me, if I'm lucky enough to find a sealed game, I leave it that way, despite its rarity or whether or not I have a copy already.

Open it carefully - play the sh*t out of it then go to EB and pay the guy behind the counter $5 to shrinkwrap the box again :D

You can always tell when a game has been reshrinkwrapped.

No matter how good a job they do, it's always obvious.

Not to most ebay users ;)

personally i am whole-heartedly against sealed collecting. After all, the games were meant to be played.

However..

This last winter, i way overpaid for sonic blast man 2 on SNES...first copy i'd seen in a long time...according to your good friends :P over at DP that one is a rarity six...opened it without hesitating. Screw value, screw waiting around to trade it for an open one, i wanted to play, i opened it, and never looked back. open that game! PLAY! enjoy.