IGNORED

My find for the day

Dolt

Luck is relative, and we all get our turn. A few weeks ago, I drove from NYC up to Boston to help my dad move. As a personal incentive, I promised myself I'd go to Phase Four records in Harvard Square when we were done--they sell used CDs and fairly rare Atari carts (I got my Pole Postin there, for instance). That way I'd have something to look forward to while I was moving dressers in 95 degree weather. I even brought up a bag of used CDs to trade in, so I could really hog out. Well, after two days of breaking my back, I drove over to the store and discovered they'd gone out of business.

Today, I was a bit luckier, is all.

:)

Ultrapong rocks! I love te ideo trick that they use to get a full color gradient behind the playfield! I bring my Pong (bought for $1.50 sans box) to every classic gaming thing I go to - often I get made fun of, until people start playing the thing. The best part is sitting there talking smack about a game that's a couple of lines with occasional audio blips. :)

Just out of curiosity what is an Ultra Pong worth? I saw one at a Flea Market and the guy wanted $300 for it. He tried saying that it was the 'first' video game system ever. I would think that it would stand to reason that to have 'Ultra" pong you must first have 'Pong' but I guess this didn't occur to this genius.

I think that the "normal" price that I've seen on Ultra Pong is between $20-30. It gets extra attention because of the trick it uses to generate the gorgeous gradiated color background.

Other Pong consoles really arentt worth that much since they're all sort of the same thing... though there are a few exceptional units. The Coleco Tel-Star seems to get dough since it has cool triangular cartridges adn a couple of game variations, Atari Pinball and Stunt Cycle do well because they've got unusual consoles, and anythign with a realistic gun included seems to pique interest as well.

If it's anything else, don't pay more than $3. :)

Just out of curiosity what is an Ultra Pong worth?  I saw one at a Flea Market and the guy wanted $300 for it.  He tried saying that it was the 'first' video game system ever.  I would think that it would stand to reason that to have 'Ultra" pong you must first have 'Pong' but I guess this didn't occur to this genius.

I saw them on ebay for over 50$...but this was a year ago