IGNORED

*finally* got myself a Supercharger

Atariman

Went down to what is now my favorite game store (ever. even beats out goodwill by far) and I got a supercharger.

So I got:

Supercharger (decent condition, some scratching, but it doesn't look abused)

Fireball

Phaser Control

Escape from the Mindmaster

Communist Mutants from Space

and.... Party Mix

How much did I pay for this, you might ask? I didn't pay $30. I didn't pay $20. Nay, I didn't even pay $10. I got it for $2.00. :D

I also got a good deal on some SegaCD stuff there the other week (along with an assortment of controllers). I think I'm in love. :love:

ah, almost forgot to ask -- what games would people recommend for this thing anyway? I see that they don't seem to be too hard to get on ebay, but I don't want to blow money on it and find out that I bought one of the classic stinkers for it. :)

Mod it.

I personally wouldn't even though they seem easy to find on ebay they ARE very rare

and modding it will reduce the value.

Remember things like this were not as popular as carts so there are not many of

them. Although ther are not the rarest do you really want to mod it? now

that you finally got one? :?: :?

While digging through some storage totes, I finally found my Stella Gets A New Brain! Supercharger CD (YES!), so with the games list in front of me, i'd have to say that the best games are:

#1 - Escape From The MindMaster

#2 - Dragonstomper

#3 - Survival Island

There's other good games, but those are my personal favorites. Starpath's version of Frogger is far better than the Parker Brothers version, Phaser Patrol outguns every other Star Raiders type space shooter, except maybe for Solaris, and Suicide Mission is what Atari's Asteroids should have been like.

I personally wouldn't even though they seem easy to find on ebay they ARE very rare

If you think about it, this is wrong. Any person looking for a normal supercharger to collect would pay anywhere from 20-30 dollars. And modified ones go for 45+ regularly. So how exactly is the value decreased after it is modded?

If you think about it, this is wrong. Any person looking for a normal supercharger to collect would pay anywhere from 20-30 dollars. And modified ones go for 45+ regularly. So how exactly is the value decreased after it is modded?

Its like buying say an unopened and unassembled 1930's model toy people will pay more

for untouched products in a few years (maybe 2-10 years at most) than ones

that have been may I say? "ruined".

Upgraded and modded it would sell for much more but in the long run its a bad

idea! ;)

what exactly could I do with a modded one anyway? (Not that I'm going to do it)

I wish I could find a copy of Stella Gets a New Brain, but if I remember correctly, wasn't that project cut short by some copyright issues or something to that effect?

Since I've had a chance to give the supercharger a try, I am very impressed. The one game that sticks out in my mind other than Escape from the Mindmaster is the Tug-o-war game on the Party Mix cassette. While it is a VERY simple idea (and one that gets old fast IMO), I was impressed by the graphics (castle in the background, the lettering of the 'get thee ready' and the other words, etc)

You can burn ROMS to CD and play them on a modded supercharger, however, all games under 6kb will play just fine on an unmodded supercharger.

You do have to convert the ROM files to WAV files for them to work.

As for Stella Gets a New Brain, I can't give you all the info, but if you search the web, you will find a name. Google the name and send him an e-mail. He 'still' (notice 'still' in quotes... that's your hint.) has tons of the CD's and he sells them for $5.00 a pop. My $5.00 got me two copies (he sent me one for free as a backup?) and just to be nice he sent me a video of 'Stella at 20' a great video of all the old Atari guys talking about the old days.

Seek and you shall find...

You can burn ROMS to CD and play them on a modded supercharger, however, all games under 6kb will play just fine on an unmodded supercharger.

You do have to convert the ROM files to WAV files for them to work.

As for Stella Gets a New Brain, I can't give you all the info, but if you search the web, you will find a name.  Google the name and send him an e-mail.  He 'still' (notice 'still' in quotes... that's your hint.) has tons of the CD's and he sells them for $5.00 a pop.  My $5.00 got me two copies (he sent me one for free as a backup?) and just to be nice he sent me a video of 'Stella at 20' a great video of all the old Atari guys talking about the old days.  

Seek and you shall find...

And if that hint isnt enough....'still' need another clue... :ponder:

hmmmmm...remember,the person that 'still' sells it.......

post-4102-1091560711_thumb.jpg

Mod it.

Remember things like this were not as popular as carts so there are not many of

them. Although ther are not the rarest do you really want to mod it? now

that you finally got one? :?: :?

I flee the same way I just me a supercharger. I do not want to mod it I'll just load games that can run on a unmodded supercharger! :D