IGNORED

Are you a snob, when it comes to Sears TeleGames Carts?

Kenwood

Superman?

Memory Match?

Superman is so rare that it doesn't even hit my "wish list" radar! :P Plus, it's the same picture that's on the Atari release so it doesn't count for a unique label anyway. Not that I'd turn one down if it fell into my lap, mind you!

As for "Memory Match", I wasn't even aware that there WAS a picture label variation for that one. Damn! Bump my list up to nine wanted, I guess. :roll: What do you think that the rarity would be for that anyway?

It doesnt matter to me if they are Atari or Sears. But I havent found too many Sears carts over the years at thrift stores.

My parents went to Sears all the time when I was a kid, they bought me and my brother a lot of (now hideous looking) clothes and cheap "The Winner" sneakers - and my Parents still buy Kenmore appilances now and then.

Lets give Sears some credit - they helped start a customer base for the 2600 before Space Invaders exploded. I think the first time I ever saw a home Pong game was at Sears too.

It doesnt matter to me if they are Atari or Sears.  But I havent found too many Sears carts over the years at thrift stores.

My parents went to Sears all the time when I was a kid, they bought me and my brother a lot of (now hideous looking) clothes and cheap "The Winner" sneakers - and my Parents still buy Kenmore appilances now and then.  

Lets give Sears some credit - they helped start a customer base for the 2600 before Space Invaders exploded. I think the first time I ever saw a home Pong game was at Sears too.

I love all Atari 2600 items. I don know why, but I thiink the Sears versions are real cool I have a lot of them CIB and loose. :)

Since all the Sears games were made by Atari I have no problem with them. Many of my Atari cartridges had no art anyway so they are just as "lame" as the Tele-Games label. Growing up I had Target fun, Tank Plus, Maze, and Race as well as a Tele-Games Heavy Sixer. I luv Sears.

My Dad was the manager of Woolco (in Tucson AZ, its now a Target) and so I only saw Atari stuff in the day.

And No one had Sear's stuff and I don't real like the look of them and it is hard to tell sometimes what they are "118 TeleGames"? w/ no end label forget it!

But everytime I go into a Sears now, I wish they had some TeleGames to buy! ;)

I have always hated the TeleGames version of Atari Games.  I'd rather keep searching on a cart then settle on the Sears Version. You?

I own one Sears label: SteepleChase.

I never liked the Sears versions either. They were ugly and primitive looking compared to the regular Atari cartridges. I only have some because my uncle sent me a big box of games.

Our Atari system growing up was a Sears 6 switch. But the only Sears brand cart we had was Target Fun, which came with the system.

I love collecting the Sears games myself, far more challenging than collecting their Atari brand counterparts.

I have an older picture of my boxed Sears collection, I've added a few more boxed Sears games since this picture was taken (Star Raiders, Demons to Diamonds, Super Breakout, Memory Match, Brain Games, Spelling and the gatefold version of Speedway II :D) The only Sears game I don't own yet is Maze Mania :?

collection5.jpg

collection7.jpg

Besides the missing Maze Mania, I only need the boxes for Adventure, Defender, Math Gran Prix, and Warlords. Any one got any to trade :?::)

I also love the picture label variants but am still missing quite a few.

Superman?

Memory Match?

Memory Match exists as a picture label for Sears? Could someone post a pic of that one? Is it as impossible to find as Sears Superman picture label?

I was teasing SS on that one. ;) Although I think it would be neat, I have it boxed I love all the early artworks. I think Codebreaker would make a nice pic label as well. :)

Damn 5th Ghost, I'm mega jealous! Let me guess which boxed sears cart you paid the most for, umm Cannon man or Superman right? :ponder:

Most of those were aquired in lots so broken down, not much was paid for each boxed game. Cannon Man came in a large lot of boxed Sears games off eBay awhile ago; for what I paid for that lot, each boxed game would have been in the $3 dollar range. Then factor in what I made back from reselling the duplicates in that lot, the price was even lower...

Superman, on the other hand, I paid the most for. My memory is fuzzy on what exactly I won it for but I'm thinking in the $40 - $50 range :?

Other than that, all of those were had for less than $10 a piece. :)

I'm thinking that I will probably have to pay a lot to get those last 5 boxes but for what I have into the Sears collection so far, I don't mind.

Of the 5 boxes I need, Math Gran Prix is the ONLY one I have yet to see boxed. So from my experience, a boxed Math Gran Prix is the rarest Sears game.

I've had chances to get the other 4 off eBay but I wasn't aggressive enough. And I swear I had a Sears Adventure boxed and sold it years ago when my interests were not into collecting the Sears versions :roll:

Now now .. I know that none of you sears-o-phobes would pass up on the nine 1977 Sears gatefold boxes ... or Cannon Man cart or the Sears hex joystick disc if you found them in the wild. I had all of the above (less Math) in 1977 .. but tossed/sold/lost them all.

From the moment that I saw and we made our purchase in October 1977, I always knew that the Sears Video Arcade was made by Atari and called it so. But it wasn't until 1997 when I typed Atari into Yahoo Search that I learned the Atari names for those labelled carts. I only knew them by the Sears names.

For nostalgic reasons the Sears labels and manuals appeal to me.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

The only Sears game I don't own yet is Maze Mania  :?  

I have Maze Mania with a picture label! (The cart, not the box).

How about a trade for your spare Activision Decathlon? I can sweeten it if needed. I will also send you a list of my other Sears carts - some are picture label.

-128bytes